An overview of the role
As one of the leading SAP Integrators, we are expanding our development capability to work on exciting projects using the latest SAP technologies, including SAP HANA, UI5, Gateway and Fiori.
We are looking for SAPUI5 developers to join the team, deliver leading SAP solutions and grow their career with Capgemini, starting as a developer and over time moving into lead roles.
Specifically, the roles will be project driven where the applicant will be involved with the design, build and testing of SAP related solutions.
Key Responsibilities (‘The Work’)
- Understanding and translating business requirements into creative developments that meet the users needs
- Helping to grow and nurture our client relationships with the eye to identify use cases which can enrich user experience and process improvements.
- Incorporating the latest DevOps methodologies into our solutions
- Harnessing the latest technology on SAP Cloud Platform for our clients
- Providing support for Sales, contribute to bids and engage potential clients around UI strategy and services.
- Delivering innovative UI solutions to our clients following SAP Fiori guidelines and UI5 development principles, including the leading of UI5 workshops.
- Obtaining and contributing new knowledge to our Centre of Excellence and help to expand our delivery capability.
- Peer reviewing software changes and upholding high standards in software development
Why this role?
At Capgemini, our UI and UX team focuses on delivering intuitive, engaging and consistent solutions across multiple platforms. Our team delivers innovative interfaces, using design techniques such as progressive disclosure, User-Centred Design and mobile first approach. You will work closely with UX specialists and business process experts to create stunning, coherent and intuitive applications that provide both an excellent an user experience and bring real business value through process optimisation.
Person Profile (Why You?)
- Client facing experience with good communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines is essential for a fast-paced environment
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities, meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Strong development skills in SAP UI5 and related technologies
- Experience with OData and particularly OData services in SAP Gateway
- Provide thought leadership on development in UI5
- Experience with SAP Cloud Platform
- Experience in Agile methodologies and processes
- Experience in DevOps concepts such as continuous integration and automated testing
- Understanding of MVC architecture
- Experience with REST APIs
About our UK SAP Practice
Capgemini UK is a leading SAP Integration Partner, helping our clients navigate through complex SAP transformations. Capgemini UK has 1000 + SAP practitioners across UK & India and are ranked #1 for SAP S/4HANA® certifications in UK and globally. We work closely with our clients to transform their business together using the latest SAP products and architecture, a deep knowledge of industries and markets, and innovative delivery methodologies.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.