The speed of change is throwing traditional business methods into question and disrupting the relevance of entire industries. Capgemini, a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services, is at the forefront of innovation and well placed to address opportunities for our clients in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company with over 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2020 combined revenues of EUR 15.8 billion. Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Let’s talk about the team:
Traditional IT services labour under the false assumptions that success is based on fast incident fixes and IT project delivery that’s “on time and on budget.” Our Applications Managed Services team is focused on addressing customers’ key business imperatives. We look to drive efficiency and cost effectiveness across the full software development lifecycle from Innovation, through Build & Run, to Decommissioning. We focus on Landscape Management, combined with Transformation Services, to drive increased pace of change while optimizing the landscape. This ultimately provides a basis for the creation and implementation of disruptive IT and business models that deliver competitive advantage for our clients.
Let’s talk about the role and responsibilities:
- Ensure that client business application systems are maintained and supported to achieve an efficient and effective delivery of services aligned to contractual obligations (Service Levels, KPIs, plus others)
- Manage application configuration and upgrades, problem analysis and resolution for complex application problems, in conjunction with clients and external application or service providers where necessary
- Define, develop, and provide application problem analysis and resolution services for complex application problems in conjunction with clients and application suppliers
- Ensure there are robust procedures and processes within the service delivery team
- Provide proactive application management to drive down the reactive and unpredictable element achieving a higher throughput of application issues
- Improve application functionality and performance and provide suggestions for system and business improvement
- Deliver continuous improvement, enable industrialisation and innovation to the client by leveraging Capgemini best practices and methods.
- Contribute to the planning of application/infrastructure releases and configuration changes
- Provide input to application/infrastructure scalability
- Follow appropriate engagement procedures and policies (i.e. change control, security and auditing, release, configuration, problem and incident management)
Let’s talk about your qualifications and experience:
- Extensive experience supporting/administering large scale IT applications
- 10 -12 years’ experience in a hands-on application support lead/manager role
- Experience in leading, managing and mentoring application support teams
- Highly experienced in Incident and Problem Management
- Experienced in providing services to agreed SLA’s and OLA’s
- Extensive knowledge and experience in information technology operations management using ITIL with knowledge of the full IT lifecycle
- Demonstrable experience in influencing conflict resolution
- Excellence in customer service with the ability to develop partnerships with key stakeholders and business units
- Ability to plan and deliver oral and written communications that are impactful and persuasive to the intended audience
Let’s talk about what’s in it for you!
Passionate people are Capgemini’s Ace of Spades – join us to discover a career that will challenge, support and inspire you. Working at Capgemini you’ll find the rewards are more than just financial. You will work alongside some very smart and inspiring people on exciting projects and you will also enjoy incredible benefits. We offer flexible work practices and 40 hours of self-development every year with a huge selection of learning opportunities to choose from.
As “Architects of Positive Futures”, Capgemini actively supports the community in 3 ways:
Diversity and Inclusion - we believe diversity of thought fuels excellence and innovation, which is why we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified candidates regardless of their gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, ability, intersex status or age. To support our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we celebrate or recognise special events and days of significance that are important to our employees such as Diwali, Bastille Day, Pride, IDAHOBIT, IWD and International day of people with Disabilities. Our Employee Resource Groups Women@Capgemini, OutFront, Indigeneous, Parents and Careers and Sustainability Community of Practice support the grassroots passion of employees to drive our diversity agenda and effect change.
Digital inclusion - at Capgemini we are using our skills to drive social impact initiatives focusing on helping society address the impact of the digital and automation revolution. We also provide employees with opportunities to give back to the community through charity projects and volunteer days.
Environmental Sustainability - Capgemini joined the CDP’s (Carbon Disclosure Project) prestigious “A list” for its commitment to the Net-Zero economy. As well as focusing on helping our clients transform towards more sustainable business models, Capgemini recently announced its commitment to becoming a netzero busines by 2030.
Recognised by Ethisphere as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies for the last 9 years in a row, ethics and values are at the heart of Capgemini’s corporate culture and business. Embedded in our DNA, our seven values – Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty – have remained the same since company inception in 1967. To see how we bring these values to life, visit www.capgemini.com/au-en/careers/ and listen to some of our employee’s stories.
Come join us, bring your whole self to work, create new possibilities for you, your customers and your community and help us to be Architects of Positive Futures.
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.