SAP SD and GTS Consultant
Location: UK Wide
Relaunch at Capgemini Programme
Capgemini’s Relaunch Programme is aimed at supporting talented professionals back into the business by providing a tailored 6-month programme to help refresh and update existing skills as well as developing confidence. We understand that you won’t necessarily match every requirement on the job description but will have some relevant previous experience and a wiliness to learn and further develop your skills in this area. If you have had a career break of 1 ½ years or beyond, for whatever reason, we would love to hear from you!
An overview of the role
As an SAP Sales and Distribution (SD) and SAP Global Trade Service (GTS) Functional Consultant, you will work as part of a great team delivering projects and solutions to a wide and varied set of clients, across many different industry sectors.
You will be working on the delivery of SAP SD and/or SAP GTS projects, at any or all stages, from shaping the transformation roadmap, through agile delivery to post go live support.
Your knowledge of SAP SD and SAP GTS components will allow you to shape, build and deliver solutions in your functional area
As part of the role, you will have access to enhance your consulting, functional and technical skills, through Capgemini learning and development, and the latest industry recognised certifications.
Who you’ll be working with
You will join a fast-growing part of Capgemini’s dynamic, market leading UK SAP solution centre helping to deliver the sales and distribution aspects of some of the most exciting and challenging SAP solutions for clients across various industries.
The focus of your role
You will be joining the successful Customer Engagement SAP team as an SAP SD and SAP GTS Functional Consultant to deliver system design and build activities in complex SAP solution implementations and optimisation projects. You will have a solid foundation as an SAP SD and SAP GTS consultant with other related SAP products exposure such as SAP S/4 HANA. You will have knowledge of the integration of SAP SD with other key system components such as FI, MM, and PP.
• Be part of a team that solves problems and provide solutions for large, corporate clients in multiple sectors, working in cross-discipline, agile and distributed teams.
• Demonstrate in-depth knowledge and expertise of the system for SAP SD and SAP GTS
• Lead your functional area within the engagement as an SAP SD or SAP GTS functional consultant to deliver full project life cycle delivery, supporting and mentoring where necessary
• Work with other Capgemini business units and sales teams and input to the sales process
• Provide thought leadership to our clients and internal customers with your knowledge of available solutions both within the SAP portfolio, and the supporting products recognised within the industries
• Alongside project delivery you will manage and develop your career through training, networking and contributing to the practice and wider group growth and objectives
• You will nurture and mentor less experienced consultants, sharing your knowledge to contribute to their development
Why this role?
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often ground-breaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini is at the forefront of new technologies and solutions both SAP and non-SAP, offering market leading transformation solutions to our clients, leveraging our diverse talent both on and offshore. We are looking for likeminded individuals, who want to join our forward-thinking SAP Customer Engagement Team (CET) and build tomorrows future.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that working full-time isn’t necessarily right for everyone. We’d love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role and would like to work flexibly. As an example, some of our team members work four days a week but travel across the UK during their working days. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.
You will have:
• Hands on experience of configuring and implementing SAP SD and SAP GTS on all elements of the project lifecycle from sales through to early life support
• Been responsible for implementing SAP SD and SAP GTS solutions previously
• Completed at least two end-to-end project cycle with SAP SD and/or SAP GTS
• The skills to lead and facilitate requirements gathering, design and gap analysis workshops to identify the optimum SAP solution for the client
• The ability to capture design decisions and architecture in Functional and Technical Design documentation
• The ability to complete Functional Specifications for any custom object developments
• Strong verbal and written communications skills
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Advanced problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
• The ability to identify and resolve integration issues
• The ability to work effectively with client and consultancy teams, including influencing key business stakeholders and other team members
• Passion to work with our clients advising them on how to get the most out of their SAP technologies
• Enthusiasm and proactiveness for learning and staying current with SAP latest technologies
• The ability to work with multiple customers simultaneously
• The ability to contribute to our team and practice and enhance its capability and enable growth
About our UK SAP Practice
Capgemini UK is a leading SAP Integration Partner, helping our clients navigate through complex SAP transformations. Capgemini UK has 1000 + SAP practitioners across UK & India and are ranked #1 for SAP S/4HANA® certifications in UK and globally. We work closely with our clients to transform their business together using the latest SAP products and architecture, a deep knowledge of industries and markets, and innovative delivery methodologies.
Learning and development
There’s an endless amount to learn at Capgemini, and an endless number of ways to do so. So, you’ll also have unique training opportunities to take advantage of. Some of our consultants even have the chance to go to Les Fontaine (near Paris, France), where we host a conference. Outside of dedicated training, everyone makes time to help and support one another – collaboration is encouraged across all our teams.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.