Telford or Worthing
An overview of the role
As a SAP Scrum Master you will part of a large team that supports different streams of work for all the SAP Projects and Services for the HMRC Account, across a wide variety of Tax and Benefit regimes. You will have the responsibility for ensuring the teams in the SAP Delivery Centre follow consistent agile practices as they develop and support HMRC SAP systems. As a Scrum Master you are responsible for leading, coaching and mentoring the Scrum teams to ensure best practices are implemented and are being followed, ensuring any escalations and blockers are appropriately actioned and progressed.
You’ll find this is an extremely dynamic role with opportunities to develop SAP expertise, as well as the client facing soft skills you need to excel in IT consulting.
As a SAP Scrum Master, you will be expected to:
• Ensure the consistent, reliable and repeatable delivery of SAP Delivery Centre by the Agile Delivery teams through the promotion of Agile/Scrum principles and practices and by mentoring and coaching members of the Scrum Teams to optimise these methodologies for enhanced delivery.
• Ensure the scrum team follows the Agile methodology and the scrum framework, supported via appropriate coaching and scrum master activities.
• Remove blockers to successful delivery
• Lead the teams towards the goal of becoming self-managing, optimally performing teams.
• Promote Scrum values of Transparency, Focus, Courage, Respect, Commitment within the Delivery Centre
• Act as a buffer for the teams, removing distractions to delivery and interference from externals
• Facilitate Delivery Centre wide ceremonies (scrum of scrums, showcase, joint planning etc.)
• Drive consistent reporting on sprint activity to senior management
• Manage senior stakeholder engagement
• Undertake other Agile awareness activities, as required, across the business to build Agile awareness.
• Gain knowledge and expertise in specific SAP technologies and modules, working closely with the SAP technical teams or/and other team members
Why this role?
Capgemini is one of the world’s foremost providers of consulting, technology and outsourcing services. We provide IT solutions to organisations around the world, so they can become more agile, more competitive and more successful within their industry. Supporting our clients delivering successful cross-organisational transformations within one of Capgemini’s largest global accounts. We put people at the forefront of any change, whether this is incremental or transformational styles of change management.
As a global SAP partner, Capgemini is one of the largest and most experienced SAP systems integrators. As you’d expect, our technical specialist are highly skilled individuals who are integral to the delivery of every IT solution. Here, smart and often groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so too is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking.
Join us and you’ll enjoy a multi-faceted role where building client relationships, identifying opportunities and implementing solutions is key.
• SAP knowledge: core logic of ERP, strategy, Waterfall and Agile methodologies and tools;
• Experience in the SAP TRM (Tax and Revenue Management) is very desirable but not mandatory;
• Experience of coaching, mentoring and managing Scrum teams and an advocate of continuous improvement and subject matter expertise.
• Ability to work and collaborate with software development teams, product, operations managers and other digital centre’s to ensure that we have the technologies and processes in place to allow our teams to work efficiently.
• Ability to manage senior stakeholders and report into the Centre’s Leadership team
• Ability to promote and increase awareness of Agile activates across the wider business and communities.
• Clear thinking and creative flair.
• Ability to plan and organise workload to achieve deadlines, prioritising where necessary.
• Strong communications skills and ability to communicate and influence at all levels, which you’ll use to engender trust in client relationships, and to build supportive and productive team relationships
• We expect all our team members to express our seven core values which form the basis for our rules of conduct within our teams.
• Plenty of drive, curiosity and willingness
While we’re a global consultancy, we’re made up of supportive, close-knit communities. Everyone wants to get the best solutions for our customers and create the best working environment.
Learning and development
There’s an endless amount to learn at Capgemini, and an endless number of ways to do so. So, you’ll also have unique training opportunities to take advantage of. Some of our consultants even have the chance to go to Les Fontaine (near Paris, France), where we host a conference. Outside of dedicated training, everyone makes time to help and support one another – collaboration is encouraged across all of our teams.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.