Are you looking for the next step in your career in 2021?
Capgemini is looking for a senior SAP Engagement Manager (Project / Program Manager) to join our SAP Center of Excellence (CoE) team, for Europe Cluster Business Unit. As a part of the global SAP CoE network, you will work closely with 200+ of the brightest and the most knowledgeable SAP experts of Capgemini in Europe, supported by a dedicated senior offshore team, helping our target clients become stronger leaders in their markets and industries, through business value delivered via transformation to a modern ERP Business Platform centered around SAP S/4HANA as the Digital Core.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology, and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms.
Capgemini Europe Cluster Business Unit (BU), with nearly 5,000 people spread across 11 European countries, has a unique DNA within the Capgemini Group and a great potential for development and growth. Together with our clients we create and deliver business, technology and digital solutions enabling them to achieve innovation, competitiveness, and sustainable growth.
Digital core with SAP S/4HANA is one of Capgemini’s strategic offers founded on Capgemini’s vision of a Renewable Enterprise that is able to constantly and continuously innovate and adapt to the changing business environment in an agile and sustainable manner. The SAP CoE is the spearhead taking this offer to the market. And we have been very successful! We continue to see tremendous growth in S/4HANA related services, we increase our presence in existing clients, we win new clients, we are recognized by analysts, we are growing our headcount, and we continue to have the largest number of S/4HANA certified consultants.
Engagement Manager joins the Europe Cluster SAP CoE team, to focus on tier 1 clients and large engagements across many countries and industries. In the SAP CoE, you will take a key role in the pre-sales stage of major S/4HANA transformation programs and will continue post-sales to ramp-up and lead the delivery. You bring the talent, and we’ll provide the rest
What you can expect from us.
As part of the SAP CoE of Europe Cluster BU, you will get to work in tight and direct interaction with tier 1 clients across several countries and industries, helping them on the S/4HANA transformation journey, with focus on large engagements (MEUR 10+). You will be presented with a wide portfolio of interesting client opportunities, while depending on your preferences also focus on specific industries and clients is possible. Your focus will be in the country you are located in, as well as the Europe Cluster BU as a whole, but you will regularly be asked to and have possibility to help and contribute on Europe level, and you have the possibility to build a truly global role and career for yourself.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Implementation Planning:
As part of the pre-sales stage, lead the implementation planning of the S/4HANA engagement, covering the definition of methodology, delivery model, timeline, organization, governance, resourcing, roles and responsibilities, and project and program management principles, processes and tools. Participate and contribute to the negotiations for contracting the engagement and take a key role in drafting the statement of work and in particular the related project plan.
Step-up as a leader towards the Capgemini team, but also the client and 3rd
party teams, building a culture of collaboration and trust. Coach and mentor the key senior stakeholders of all relevant parties in project and program management and ensure key principles such as integrity, inclusion and fairness are followed throughout.
- Client Relationship Management: Actively manage the client relationship to ensure client satisfaction. Work with client and Capgemini stakeholders to develop the account strategy, and to develop the client relationship on a strategic level, via overall services portfolio management, strengthening Capgemini’s position as a strategic partner to the client.
- Delivery and Commercials Management:
Lead and manage large, global S/4HANA implementations end-to-end, with full delivery responsibility, including commercials, profitability, and contractual compliance.
- Delivery Execution: Operationally drive the delivery execution utilizing Capgemini iCaptivate SAP implementation methodology, Program & Project Management methodologies and principles, and leveraging your own experiences, to ensure project execution on-time, within budget, and meeting or exceeding the expected level of quality.
- · Technology and methodologies:
Remain up to date in trends and new developments in relevant fields of technology, especially SAP, cloud, data, integrations, and development, to bring senior advisory and best practices to clients. Master different principles, methodologies, and approaches (waterfall, agile, DevOps, Capgemini iCaptivate, SAP Activate, ITIL, PMP, PMI etc. etc.) to shape and implement fit-for-purpose customer-adapted implementation approaches.
What we expect from you.
Bachelor’s or master’s degree, preferably in computer science, engineering, finance, business administration, or other relevant field.
- Experience in leading end-to-end at least one but preferably multiple large (MEUR 10+ and 100+ FTE) global SAP implementations. S/4HANA experience highly preferred.
- · Strong overall track record as a project manager, with at least 8-10 years of relevant leadership and management experience
- Fluency in English (other languages are a plus, especially German, French, and Dutch)
Experience and Execution
- Solid command of project and program management methodologies
- Experience in planning and managing implementation from service providers point of view (including experience in financials and profitability management)
- Good understanding of business processes, technology landscape, new technologies and industry standards
Management and Leadership:
- Established people leader, with ability to articulate a compelling vision to motivate and engage teams to work towards common goal
- Ability to build relationships based on trust to become a trusted advisor for client senior stakeholders (Director, VP and up to CXO levels), and foster positive client relationships.
- Effective and efficient project management execution operator, with ability to balance high-level vs. detailed planning, delegation vs. micromanagement, and orchestrate the activities of the entire delivery organization to follow the agreed implementation plan
Location and Travel
Capgemini Europe Cluster BU includes Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Hungary, Ireland, Luxemburg, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia and Switzerland. In 2021, the biggest growth potential and hence focus of our SAP business will be in Belgium and Switzerland, in one of which we expect you to be located or be able to commute to on a regular basis. While we acknowledge and to a large extent appreciate the COVID-induced shift towards remote work, in this role a certain amount of local presence and ability for direct client interaction is essential. Post-COVID, we anticipate regular (once a month) travel within Europe to be required, with an occasional intercontinental trip. In case of a cross-border project delivery assignment, up to weekly travel might be required.
As an SAP Engagement Manager in the SAP CoE team, you will report the Head of SAP CoE for Europe Cluster BU. CoE team is a virtual team spread across the Europe Cluster countries, as well as India.
Interested? We should talk!
Starting date: Immediately / ASAP
Location: Preferably Belgium (Brussels) or Switzerland (Zurich, Basel). Other Europe Cluster countries can be considered.
Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Seniority: Senior level (typical current titles: Senior Manager / Senior Project Manager / Program Manager / Associate Director / Director)
Take your chance and apply!