A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2017 global revenues of EUR 12.8 billion. People matter, results count.
Who you’ll be working with
The successful candidate will be joining the leading SAP SCM practice in the UK, working on cutting edge Supply Chain projects across multiple industry sectors and countries. You will be working with the latest technologies, for example: S/4 HANA, IoT, UI5, Digital, Cloud and Mobile, helping Clients on their transformation journeys A key part of this will involve evolving from today’s approach and moving to an increasing Client expectation to provide joined up, innovative, cross technology solutions delivering competitive advantage to our Clients.
Capgemini is at the forefront of new technologies and solutions both SAP and non-SAP, offering market leading transformation solutions to our clients, leveraging our diverse talent both on and off-shore. We are looking for likeminded individuals, who want to join our team and build tomorrows future.
The focus of your role
To design and implement SAP solutions across a variety of supply chain modules. The projects will be a mix of sizes, complexity, and sectors. There will be a focus on new technologies such as SAP IBP, Ariba, EWM, as well as core S/4 HANA modules including PP, SD, MM, IM, WM, PS, and PM. The role will also work with SAP partner eco-system products and providers.
What you’ll do
- Lead requirements gathering, design and gap analysis workshops to identify the optimum integrated SAP solution
- Guide the client with your knowledge of SAP standards and best practice in SAP Supply Chain, and how different modules integrate with each other
- Be fluent in both Agile and Waterfall delivery methodology and lead the client through the project phases and Sprints in your functional stream
- Apply Design Thinking concepts in solution Blueprint
- Be accountable for the entire functional design and integration with 3rd party systems
- Be part of the team, advise and lead an off-shore team through all phases of the project
What you’ll bring
- Implementation experience of SAP Supply Chain modules with strong understanding and configuration expertise in SAP Production Planning (knowledge of PPDS, global track and trace capabilities, other post-APO modules e.g. IBP is a bonus)
- Broad industry knowledge: A&D, CPR/Retail, Manufacturing; International clients
- Understanding of the business goals and key business KPI’s for Supply Chain in your functional domain
- A good understanding of configuration dependencies and interrelationships between SAP supply chain modules including Ariba, MM, WM, SD, FICO
- A knowledge of integration and interfaces between SAP and partner products including PLM, MES, MII, 3rd party logistics execution systems, procurement networks (e.g. Coupa, Ivalua, etc.)
- Understanding of the SAP partner ecosystems and typical integrations is a plus
- Experience with designing UI5 based User Experience and working knowledge of S/4 HANA is a plus
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. Although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often ground-breaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini is proud to represent nearly 130 nationalities and its cultural diversity. Our holistic definition of diversity extends beyond gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, race, age and religion. Capgemini views diversity as everything that makes us who we are as an organization, including our social background, our experiences in life and work, our communication styles and even our personality. These dimensions contribute to the type of diversity we value the most: diversity of thought.