The speed of change is throwing traditional business methods into question and disrupting the relevance of entire industries. Capgemini, a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services, is at the forefront of innovation and well placed to address opportunities for our clients in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company with over 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2020 combined revenues of EUR 15.8 billion. Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Let’s talk about the team:
Our Applications Managed Services team help our clients create more value for. their business and improve efficiency through IT Systems. Our services are highly industrialized, underpinned by robust SLAs, based on industry-standard best practices, and delivered by a cost-effective mix of onshore, nearshore, and offshore resources. We’re about more than ‘keeping the lights on for. less’ – we provide a commitment to continuous improvement and value generation.
Let’s talk about the role and responsibilities:
- Provide primary support for the SAP Payroll module.
- This includes all aspects of the payroll processing function including support of the HR Payroll Department during the weekly, biweekly and monthly payroll processing cycles , research and configuration for federal, state and local payroll taxes, configuration of payroll deductions (for benefits, union related items, court mandated items, etc.), on boarding and off boarding of employees for acquisitions and divestitures, year-end processing and touch points with other SAP modules that impact payroll (Time, Accounts Payable, Finance, and others).
- Supports SAP configuration, testing and support for all fixes and enhancements to these areas, testing and support for the annual SAP support pack implementations, daily helpdesk and activities, and communications with clients and outside suppliers relevant to the SAP areas supported.
- Performs duties aligned with the business systems analyst role which includes second level incident support, development of business requirements documents, process maps, application testing, and training.
- Performs duties aligned with the Senior Business Systems Analyst roles and responsibilities within SAP’s Competency Centre.
- Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex systems problem and is responsible for aligning technology solutions with business strategies.
- Partners with the functional groups within the IT organization to communicate and clarify business needs, contribute to development of long-range system plans, and ensure products and services are aligned with business needs.
Let’s talk about your qualifications and experience:
- 5-8 years of experience with SAP HR Payroll related issues, developing process maps, completing configuration, creating technical development specs, performing application testing, gathering business requirements, and handling change management activities in support of SAP HR Payroll processes.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Experience working in and/or leading multi-disciplinary work teams/groups.
- Experience with SAP Time Evaluation functionality preferred
- General knowledge of functionality, tools and methods used within the HR Payroll Module
- General knowledge of core functionality within the SAP HCM Module as well as cross module awareness within the SAP ERP Application
- Working knowledge of customer business processes in the payroll area
- Awareness of consistent user experience with other SAP transactions
- Experience with SAP tools (e.g., LSMW, workflow, portal)
- Technical Knowledge (strongly preferred):
- Working knowledge of configuration for the SAP Payroll Module and its integration points with all other SAP modules as well as ESS and MSS.
- Experience with SAP workflow preferred
Let’s talk about what’s in it for you!
Passionate people are Capgemini’s Ace of Spades – join us to discover a career that will challenge, support and inspire you. Working at Capgemini you’ll find the rewards are more than just financial. You will work alongside some very smart and inspiring people on exciting projects and you will also enjoy incredible benefits. We offer flexible work practices and 40 hours of self-development every year with a huge selection of learning opportunities to choose from.
As “Architects of Positive Futures”, Capgemini actively supports the community in 3 ways:
Diversity and Inclusion - we believe diversity of thought fuels excellence and innovation, which is why we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified candidates regardless of their gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, ability, intersex status or age. To support our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we celebrate or recognise special events and days of significance that are important to our employees such as Diwali, Bastille Day, Pride, IDAHOBIT, IWD and International day of people with Disabilities. Our Employee Resource Groups Women@Capgemini, OutFront, Indigeneous, Parents and Careers and Sustainability Community of Practice support the grassroots passion of employees to drive our diversity agenda and effect change.
Digital inclusion - at Capgemini we are using our skills to drive social impact initiatives focusing on helping society address the impact of the digital and automation revolution. We also provide employees with opportunities to give back to the community through charity projects and volunteer days.
Environmental Sustainability - Capgemini joined the CDP’s (Carbon Disclosure Project) prestigious “A list” for its commitment to the Net-Zero economy. As well as focusing on helping our clients transform towards more sustainable business models, Capgemini recently announced its commitment to becoming a netzero busines by 2030.
Recognised by Ethisphere as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies for the last 9 years in a row, ethics and values are at the heart of Capgemini’s corporate culture and business. Embedded in our DNA, our seven values – Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty – have remained the same since company inception in 1967. To see how we bring these values to life, visit www.capgemini.com/au-en/careers/ and listen to some of our employee’s stories.
Come join us, bring your whole self to work, create new possibilities for you, your customers and your community and help us to be Architects of Positive Futures.
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.