An overview of the role
As an SAP Engagement Manager, you will lead engagements to transform our client’s businesses throughout the full lifecycle of a project. The SAP Engagement Manager role is diverse and can involve up front input into the pre-sales cycle to delivery of the project or programme. The activities include contract schedules, planning, mobilising, and leading the implementation of SAP and related software in Agile and Waterfall environments.
You will have overall responsibility for the success of the engagement ensuring the client requirements are met and the work delivered to agreed targets and timescales. Whilst meeting and exceeding the client expectations you will have the opportunity to work with the Delivery Manager to grow our pipeline of work at that client.
- Be involved in the sales process working to help shape new propositions
- Manage the handover from the sales to delivery team
- Deliver against the contract, managing scope, delivering to cost and quality.
- Provide clear and concise status and project reporting
- Manage and motivate a high performing team, supporting them with continued development
Why this role?
This is a unique opportunity to join one of the fastest growing SAP practices in the UK working with a number of FTSE 100 companies. You will be leading projects in some of the most cutting-edge SAP solutions including S/4; Business Suite on Hana; CX; Ariba; SuccessFactors and UX. We work with clients on strategic roadmaps to fully leverage the potential of SAP.
- Experienced with all aspects of SAP delivery through to hand over to early life support
- Understand and used Waterfall and Agile methodologies
- Able to demonstrate your skills and previous experience, working on SAP projects across different industries and clients
- Strong communication skills and the ability to influence at all levels
- Experience of managing large global and distributed teams
- Enjoy mentoring and developing junior talent as well as sharing knowledge across the team and the wider SAP practice
Capgemini UK is a leading SAP Integration Partner, helping our clients navigate through complex SAP transformations. Capgemini UK has 1000 + SAP practitioners across UK & India and are ranked #1 for SAP S/4HANA® certifications in UK and globally. We work closely with our clients to transform their business together using the latest SAP products and architecture, a deep knowledge of industries and markets, and innovative delivery methodologies.
Learning and development
There’s an endless amount to learn at Capgemini, and an endless number of ways to do so. So, you’ll also have unique training opportunities to take advantage of. Some of our consultants even have the chance to go to Les Fontaine (near Paris, France), where we host a conference. Outside of dedicated training, everyone makes time to help and support one another – collaboration is encouraged across all of our teams.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance
their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.