The speed of change is throwing traditional business methods into question and disrupting the relevance of entire industries. Capgemini, a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services, is at the forefront of innovation and well placed to address opportunities for our clients in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company with over 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of EUR 17 billion. Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Let’s talk about the team:
Our Applications Managed Services team help our clients create more value for. their business and improve efficiency through IT Systems. Our services are highly industrialized, underpinned by robust SLAs, based on industry-standard best practices, and delivered by a cost-effective mix of onshore, nearshore and offshore resources. We’re about more than ‘keeping the lights on for. less’ – we provide a commitment to continuous improvement and value generation.
Let’s talk about the role and responsibilities:
- Provide technical support on SAP Basis systems, working within a team of three based either on the client site or in our offices.
- Establishing standards and requirements, evaluating and directing enhancements, and implementing solutions for performance monitoring, and systems configuration, design and implementation.
- Starting & Stopping R/4 System instances, SAP User Administration (setup and maintenance).
- Daily / Weekly / Monthly monitoring tasks, Maintenance of the systems’ health, Monitor system performance and logs, Tune system performance accordingly,
- Spooling and Printing administration, Background Processing, maintain R/4 System Landscape.
- Client Administration, Backup & Restore, R/4 Administrative Task, SAP R/4 installation and router Installation.
- Monitoring tablespace growth, free space and DB growth. Evaluate DB consistency.
- Checking locked transactions, evaluating license issues for DB/OS/HW/SAP.
- Manage change requests and transport management systems
- Create / manage / control batch jobs
- Should have Application Management Services Support experience in SAP like Incident / Problem / Change request management
- Apply patch upgrades, add-ons and support packages
- Upgrading SAP kernels
- SAP system backup
- Provide out of hours on call support for P1/ P2 incidents on a roster basis – typically 1 month on, 2 months off. This is paid on top of your regular salary.
Let’s talk about your qualifications and experience:
- 3+ years of experience in SAP BASIS Consultant.
- Good knowledge of SAP technologies (ABAP/JAVA), integration, and technology enablement.
- Hands on experience in providing SAP(ABAP/JAVA stack on NW 7.5, S/4 HANA & above) and Database (HANA 1.0/2.0, Oracle & Max DB) support like Kernel/Patch updates, System monitoring, Handling Incidents, Analysing SAP recommendations, system copies, client copies, Analysing EWA reports, Add-on upgrades, DB patch updates, Background Job monitoring, SSL configuration, Importing certs from OS level, HANA/JAVA CTS+ support, Content Repository configuration for Archiving.
- Experience in Installations & upgrades (ABAP/Java Database (oracle/HANA).
- Good to have experience on SAP and non-SAP connectivity, performance, high availability, and disaster recovery.
- Knowledge on Revtrac tool for SAP transports.
- Experience in HANA 1.0/2.0, good to have certification.
- Good analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Troubleshooting and resolving issues to optimize performance.
- SAP database administration, monitoring and performance tuning
- Configured Single Sign on (SSO) between Java and SAP ABAP Stacks and other Systems in the Landscape along with SAML configuration.
- Experience on supporting additional SAP Applications like Solution Manager, Portal and SAP PI/PO.
- Providing On-call production support to resolve production issues which are generated during the execution of business.
- Good to have experience on Cloud services like MS Azure on Operating systems Like SUSE Linux and Windows.
Let’s talk about what’s in it for you!
Passionate people are Capgemini’s Ace of Spades – join us to discover a career that will challenge, support and inspire you. Working at Capgemini you’ll find the rewards are more than just financial. You will work alongside some very smart and inspiring people on exciting projects and you will also enjoy incredible benefits. We offer flexible work practices and 40 hours of self-development every year with a huge selection of learning opportunities to choose from.
As “Architects of Positive Futures”, Capgemini actively supports the community in 3 ways:
Diversity and Inclusion - we believe diversity of thought fuels excellence and innovation, which is why we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified candidates regardless of their gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, ability, intersex status or age. To support our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we celebrate special events and days of significance that are important to our employees such as Diwali, Bastille Day, Pride, IDAHOBIT, IWD and International day of people with Disabilities. Our Employee Resource Groups Women@Capgemini and OutFront support the grassroots passion of employees to drive our diversity agenda and effect change.
Digital inclusion - at Capgemini we are using our skills to drive social impact initiatives focusing on helping society address the impact of the digital and automation revolution. We also provide employees with opportunities to give back to the community through charity projects and volunteer days.
Environmental Sustainability - Capgemini joined the CDP’s (Carbon Disclosure Project) prestigious “A list” for its commitment to the Net-Zero economy. We are focusing on helping our clients transform towards more sustainable business models and committing to reduce our own carbon emissions (GHG) by 20% per employee by 2020.
Recognised by Ethisphere as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies for the last 8 years in a row, ethics and values are at the heart of Capgemini’s corporate culture and business. Embedded in our DNA, our seven values – Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty – have remained the same since company inception in 1967. To see how we bring these values to life, click here to listen to some of our employee’s stories.
Come join us, bring your whole self to work, create new possibilities for you, your customers and your community and help us to be Architects of Positive Futures.
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.