An overview for the role
As one of the leading SAP Integrators, we are expanding our development capability to work on exciting projects using the latest SAP technologies, including SAP HANA, UI5, Gateway and Fiori.
We are looking for ABAP developers to join the team, deliver leading SAP solutions and grow their career with Capgemini, starting as a developer and over time moving into lead roles.
Specifically, the roles will be project driven where the applicant will be involved with the design, build and testing of SAP related solutions.
- Helping to deliver SAP solutions with our clients, on client sites
- Ensuring quality delivery of our solutions
- Helping to influence (with the rest of the technical team in the UK) key reference projects
- Ability to work well with our Rightshore capability
- Experience of designing and implementing ABAP Object Oriented Programming, Gateway oData Services, CDS Views, ABAP for HANA, RFC Function Modules, Data dictionary object, BADI, BAPI, User-Exits, Web Services, Smart forms, client & server Proxy, ALV Report, Classical Reports, Performance tuning & Transformations
- Experience of SAP PO/PI desirable
- Ability to take responsibility for the design activities on projects, the production of design specifications and the review of design specifications produced by others
- Strong customer focus with good client facing consulting capability as roles are working collaboratively with our clients, and on behalf of our clients with their suppliers
- Perform testing of system changes and to assist in user testing of changes
- Participate in knowledge sharing with colleagues in SAP technical and related client business matters
- Playing an active part in Process Improvement, ensuring compliance with all relevant quality processes and procedures, including completion of all the specified quality records
Capgemini UK has been a leading SAP Integration Partner, helping our clients navigate through some of the most complex SAP transformations in the world. Capgemini UK has 275+ SAP practitioners with over 250 certified consultants in the UK and are ranked #1 for SAP S/4HANA® certifications in UK and globally. We have multiple SAP clients in the UK where we are partnering with them to transform their Business; fully leveraging SAP in becoming an intelligent enterprise and migrating them to SAP’s new modern architecture in support of their Digital ERP Enterprise agenda. Our key differentiator in the market is our approach to the Renewable Enterprise, our S/4 HANA project experience and our proven iCaptivate delivery methodology amongst others.
Learning and development
There’s an endless amount to learn at Capgemini, and an endless number of ways to do so. So, you’ll also have unique training opportunities to take advantage of. Some of our consultants even have the chance to go to Les Fontaine (near Paris, France), where we host a conference. Outside of dedicated training, everyone makes time to help and support one another – collaboration is encouraged across all of our teams.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Find out more about joining Capgemini. Visit:
https://twitter.com/Capgemini and https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Capgemini-Reviews-E3803.htm