Capgemini UK continues to cement its place as a key player in the Salesforce ecosystem in the UK with its award-winning project deliveries across multiple Salesforce clouds. As the Salesforce product suite continues to expand and offer broader solutions for customers, we are looking for an experienced Salesforce CTO to shape the technical strategy of our offers.
Sitting within the Solution Engineering & Architecture team of our Digital Customer Experience business in the UK, this is a key technical leadership role shaping our Salesforce technical strategy and how we gain synergies from Salesforce as part of a wider Digital ecosystem.
We are looking for a high-calibre technology leader who exhibits a range of attributes, skills and experience that enables them to deliver rapid value to our clients. This value is delivered by architecting customer centric platforms across the suite of Salesforce clouds, the Salesforce ecosystem, and the wider Enterprise Architecture.
As well as shaping our offers to the market and assuring the quality of solutions across our client base, you will be required to grow and mentor our growing Salesforce Architecture practice in the UK. This will include responsibility for developing our existing CSAs and CAAs as they continue to their CTA journey, plus recruiting the right calibre of individual to continue to grow the team.
You will also perform an important role of UK CTO for Capgemini’s European Salesforce Centre of Excellence (CoE), ensuring you collaborate with other CTOs across Europe to deliver the best of what Capgemini has to offer to our clients around Europe. It is anticipated that you will be able to take the experience you have learnt as a Principal Architect across several major multi-Cloud Salesforce deliveries to develop the Capability.
- Significant experience in architecting key Salesforce capabilities, including Force.com, Marketing, Commerce, Analytics and Heroku. Knowledge or experience of Vlocity would be an advantage.
- Experience of multi-vendor solutions in particular some of the following; CPQ, CTI/IVR, Payment, Knowledge Management, Marketing Platforms, Social Analytics, Identity Management (SSO), Field Service
- Solid understanding of the technology market in areas such as Digital Experience Platforms, Personalisation, Marketing Automation, E-commerce, Sales, Service and the applications of emerging technologies in the market in order to identify complementary and competitive solutions to Salesforce
- Experience in implementing architectural governance and patterns, and experience proactively managing issues and risks throughout the delivery lifecycle.
- Experience in creating winning offers on the Salesforce platform, ideally across several sectors, including solution definition, estimating and key bets
- Strong relationships within the Salesforce ecosystem, including partners, vendors and experts
- Experience in mentoring architects through their career journey to CTA status, and leading teams of architects on large scale deliveries.
- Detailed understanding of Salesforce governor limits, licencing and architecture, including security and compliance
- Experience in complex integration and associated best practices within Enterprise Architecture, ideally with experience/certification in one or more architecture methodologies
- Experience developing winning proposals, leading bid submissions, and presenting pitches by demonstrating how your solution achieves the customer vision
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; excellent presentation and facilitation skills; experience influencing C-level stakeholders with technical and non-technical backgrounds
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that working full-time isn’t necessarily right for everyone. We’d love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role and would like to work flexibly. As an example, some of our team members work four days a week but travel across the UK during their working days. Or you might prefer to work three days a week (in a job share scenario) with travel limited to Greater London. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-ground-breaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.