Any UK Base
An Overview of the Role
You’ll have a hugely positive impact in this role as a Technical Consultant, where you will be responsible for interpreting client requirements, business processes, and use cases to produce quality technical solutions in the implementation of Salesforce Commerce Cloud centric eCommerce projects. You follow best practice in regard to development to ensure that both the process is followed and the solution that is delivered is consistent with development policies and standards.
Capgemini Commerce is a global commerce service provider. From creative to technology to marketing, we offer a comprehensive set of services to help retailers and brands craft successful digital commerce strategies, put them into practice, and continually optimise them for long-term success. Our digital marketing team applies proven best practices to craft and execute tailored programs that increase traffic, improve conversion, and drive industry-leading revenue growth. You will be a key part of the Digital Customer Experience (DCX) team within Capgemini UK, providing an environment to work with a broadened set of exciting clients.
As a vital part of our business unit, you’ll contribute to first-class end-to-end solutions in your assignments. You will play an active role in defining our practices, standards and ways of working, and apply them to your role. Be open to working across organisation and team boundaries to ensure we bring the best to our customers.
Why this role?
- You will work closely with clients to understand their business and their existing technologies, and using your knowledge of Salesforce Commerce Cloud, web applications and integration techniques, design a complete solution for the integration, extension or enhancement of the Salesforce Commerce Cloud platform.
- As part of a project team, the Technical Consultant will work with a Project Manager to turn client requirements into technical solutions. You will participate in the project scrum meetings.
- You are to be the Salesforce Commerce Cloud subject matter with the Salesforce Commerce Cloud Developer certification, and share knowledge with the team and help mentor newer developers. You are expected to stay abreast of web technologies and share new ideas and techniques that are relevant to the eCommerce space. You will also be asked to participate in internal process improvements to our software development life cycle.
- You will be expected to fully understand code and can troubleshoot code issues and algorithms, as well as how to leverage object oriented techniques.
- As a Technical Consutlant, you may also be asked to participate in the sales process, communicating with prospective clients about our processes, potential solutions, and estimating level of effort with our Sales Engineers and Business Development Managers.
- Extensive software development experience
- Good experience with the Salesforce Commerce Cloud platform or other enterprise web applications.
- Collaborating in a client facing (external or internal) role.
- Working in project teams, experience working with offshore teams a plus
- Deep understanding of the software development lifecycle, and different approaches to it
- Ability to learn new skills quickly
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
While we’re a global consultancy, we’re made up of supportive, close-knit communities. Everyone wants to get the best solutions for our customers and create the best working environment.
Potential is just as important to us as having the required skills. If you have the right mindset, we might be able to provide you with bespoke training. So if you’re not sure you have all the skills you need, but you’re still passionate about the role, please apply and we’ll see if we can support you.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 270,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50 year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fuelled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion.
Discover more about what Capgemini can offer you. Visit:
https://twitter.com/Capgemini and https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Capgemini-Reviews-E3803.htm