Job Title: Salesforce Sales Engineer
Preferred locations: US/Remote
Employee type: Full time with Benefits
- The Sales Engineer for the Salesforce Center of Excellence CoE is a critical member of the core CoE team based in the United States
- The Sales Engineer must leverage deep functional and technical Salesforce expertise to design solutions that solve our customer's ever changing business and technology challenges
The primary responsibilities of this role include
- Leading Solution design estimation resource allocations and Services proposals for opportunity pursuits
- Hands on configuration development of customer solutions accelerators and Proof of Concepts PoCs conducting internal and external demonstrations of Salesforce functionality.
- Providing oversight for the offshore CoE development team
- This role requires daily interactions with the core CoE team including the Global Leader Banking Lead and Insurance Lead
- This role is highly visible client facing and requires excellent presentation skills
- Responsible for Configuration and development of accelerators and POC s Oversight and direction of offshore development team
- Development of reusable assets and templates for the CoE and practice
- Understand desired business outcomes and define success criteria for proposals
- Determine the overall solution design including all Salesforce components data and application integration and selection of third party tools for proposals
- Provide scoping sizing solution design and SOW support Perform fit gap analysis between Salesforce functionality and client requirements
- Ensure all Salesforce configuration and development for proposals meets industry best practices
- Assistance with and participation in opportunity pursuit proposal creation and Client presentation
- Provide project delivery oversight on engagements
- Engage with customers and internal stakeholders
- Act as the Salesforce subject matter expert
- 8 years experience with full lifecycle Salesforce implementations
- Strong experience in Salesforce solution design and best practices
- Ability to translate business requirements into functional design
- Ability to communicate to executive level stake holders Knowledge of Salesforce integration technologies e g ETL Tools
- Experience of complex data migrations and integrations
- Broad knowledge of enterprise architecture design patterns and concepts e g Data Warehouses SOA Data Governance MDM etc
- An extensive understanding of the Salesforce ecosystem
- Measurable experience in consulting and or project delivery within a large enterprise
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.
What We Offer
Your career matters to you and is important to us too. Because your goals and needs are constantly evolving, we offer visibility, leeway and support to help you grow and progress in your career. This approach builds notably on our comprehensive competency framework, our personal development, training and career management programs, and our University innovative and business-focused learning curriculums.
We promote a culture of diversity. We believe working with talented individuals from different backgrounds and points of view is a strategic advantage and an ongoing opportunity. Diversity enriches our creative solutions and adds value for our clients.
With the digital tech sector growing at a rapid pace and women significantly underrepresented in the industry, we are determined to inspire and recruit more women into technology and build diverse teams that reflect the clients we serve.
Our Shared values have been at the heart of the group since our formation. They are honesty, boldness, trust, freedom, team spirit, modesty and fun. These values influence the way we meet client needs while respecting the regulatory requirements of each country in which we operate, and the way we promote ethically sound practices within Capgemini and in our partnerships.
Capgemini is committed to building a workforce of employees with diverse backgrounds and work experiences. We strongly encourage women, veterans and active military service personnel to apply.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.