An overview of the role
Discipline: Infra UK
Business Unit: SMC
Working Pattern: Full Time
Oversees the entire Service Asset and Configuration Management (SACM) lifecycle of all Assets and Configuration Items (CIs) within a Configuration Management Database (CMDB); follows the prescribed lifecycle process and procedures to ensure the registration, maintenance and control of the CMDB and ensures the integrity and accuracy of the data within
Why this role?
- Ensure that CMDB Content is up to date, working directly with Data Owners
- Assist with audits of CMDB data whenever necessary. Perform internal audits for the managed area
- Ensure the data integrity and accuracy of information within the CMDB for the managed area
- Review accuracy and completeness of asset data
- Raise data quality issues with Data Owners and Service Providers
- Conduct regular data quality audits for managed area
- Report and escalate exceptions in the Change Process for the managed area to the Change Managers
- Provider the data for the CMDB audits and verifies the results for the managed area and coordinates the resolution with data mangers
- Assist in in access management in regard to managed area of CMDB.
- Audit CMDB data as defined in IT Asset Management Service Description Document
- Ensure the integrity and accuracy of information within the CMDB for all the account assets,
- Define and deploy standards throughout the delivery environment to ensure repeatable, measurable, consistent processes for Asset Management
- Cross-check the information in the CMDB against defined standards and escalate where standards are not being met to data owners,
- Identify the Data Manager and Data Owner for new CI’s,
- Identify new data managers and trains them on the tool, processes, and standards
- Provide training upon request to CMDB users
Key skills required:
- Strong leadership and Stakeholder Management Skills
- Ability to present at all levels
- Demonstrate an ownership mentality
- Strong customer communication skills
- ITIL v4 Foundation
- Ability of managing virtual teams to deliver updates to the CMDB
- Ability to develop training material, schedule and facilitate training sessions for internal and external resources, mentoring skills.
- Computer systems knowledge, integration and architecture concepts
- Experience in various analytical/reporting techniques supported by understanding of statistics and quality management concepts.
- Good Management and communication skills, hosting and facilitating of internal and external SACM/CMDB meetings
- Problem solving skills
- Understanding of cross systems interrelations in context of the global business process
- Understanding of Service Management Framework
Learning and development
There’s an endless amount to learn at Capgemini, and an endless number of ways to do so. So, you’ll also have unique training opportunities to take advantage of. Some of our consultants even have the chance to go to Les Fontaine (near Paris, France), where we host a conference. Outside of dedicated training, everyone makes time to help and support one another – collaboration is encouraged across all of our teams.
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 270,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50 year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fuelled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion.
Get the Future You Want | www.capgemini.com