At Capgemini we recognise that many skilled professionals require additional support following a career break, which is why we are proud to offer a tailored approach to helping you rediscover your potential and join our expanding network of Returners.
Capgemini’s Returners Programme is aimed at anyone who has taken a career break of 2 years or more for whatever reason. To enable you to refresh and update existing skills as well as developing confidence the main programme benefits are:
- Initial 6-month, fixed-term contract with a view to becoming a permanent employee.
- Four Returners coaching sessions over the 6-month period.
- Tailored L&D plan devised with the business to provide support back into the team.
- Support network of existing Returners.
Some roles do require security clearance due to the access of secure information. The basis of gaining this clearance would require you to have lived in the UK for the last 5 years. This is a legal requirement. Therefore, please apply only apply to these roles if this applies to you.
Any UK base location, Full mobility required
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2017 global revenues of EUR 12.8 billion. People matter, results count.
About Business & Technology Solutions:
Business & Technology Solutions (BTS) is a key team within Capgemini, specialising in navigating our clients through the complexities and interdependencies that characterise large-scale technology-enabled transformation programmes. BTS provides the capabilities that ensure our clients deploy their IT enabled ambitions and realise defensible benefits as a result. BTS supports its clients through:
- The right people: Consultants with in depth process and benefits management knowledge who combine that with excellent programme and client management skills to enable and accelerate the delivery of value from large-scale technology-enabled transformation programmes
- The right methods: A methodology that integrates all elements of the delivery of technology-enabled transformation into one holistic approach
- The right process: A series of tools and techniques that enable effective and efficient execution of a client’s technology-enabled transformation programme, thus securing both sustained change and the delivery of business benefits.
What Capgemini BTS stands for:
– We’re ambitious for our business, our clients and our people;
- We’re all about specialism and deep expertise: work with the best, be the best;
- Innovation is at the core of what we do. It’s in our approach, our methodologies and in our commitment to professional development;
– Through innovation, we want to make our mark on technology transformation – collectively and individually;
- We believe that the best teams are diverse, where different cultures, and varied personal and professional experience come together;
- We deliver IT-enabled business transformation and change around: Organisational Change Management, Process Consulting, IT Transformation, Architecture & Technical Leadership, Programme Leadership & Project Management Office (PMO)
Working as part of the Business Solutions and Engagement Management Services team, within the delivery unit Business and Technology Solutions (BTS), successful candidates will be running technology enabled transformation assignments in any sector and manage projects of varying size and degrees of complexity. Primarily focussed around the delivery/implementation of package based products (e.g. SAP, ORACLE and others), members of the team can also be called on to deliver custom developed solutions, change projects, project audits and/or assurance reviews, PM consultancy and provide client mentoring and guidance.
- Be responsible for all aspects of project management; accountable for project delivery to agreed cost and time parameters;
- Take an active part in sales and pre-sales activity; making significant written contribution to bids;
- Develop client relationships at senior management level and influence at board level;
- Make a significant contribution to the development of method and expand knowledge base within the practice;
- Undertake feasibility studies and business case development;
- Ensure that value is delivered from transformation programmes, benefits are tracked and realised and carry out project audits and assurance reviews.
We are looking for the highest calibre individuals who exhibit the following attributes, experience and skills that enable them to deliver rapid value to our clients:
- A strong academic and continuing professional development record, ideally including a relevant degree or management qualification;
- Exposure to working within a true client facing consulting style environment;
- Exemplar project management and engagement skills with strong previous experience evident;
- Experience of IT package implementations, including Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and/or large custom builds, ideally including eCommerce and social media;
- Proven experience of managing projects in the range 1,500 to 10,000 man-days and £2m to £8m direct delivery budget responsibility;
- Innovation in both sales and delivery;
- Proven ability to architect solutions that deliver effective business outcomes for clients whilst managing internal commercial and delivery risk;
- Excellent people management and leadership experience, with a proven ability to motivate and lead multi disciplined teams;
- Demonstrable skills in: facilitation, stakeholder engagement, strategic thinking and presentation.
Desirable skills, knowledge & experience:
- Formal qualifications in Project Management and certification in PRINCE or equivalent;
- Experience of multiple industries across both public and private sectors with retail experience being of specific interest.
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.