Returners – SAP Senior Finance Consultant
At Capgemini UK we recognise that the transition from an extended career break back into the workplace can be challenging. This is why 2017 saw us launch our Return@Capgemini Programme to bring talented professionals in to our organisation.
The Return@Capgemini Programme offers a paid placement of 6 months, with the possibility of a permanent role at the end of the programme, to talented professionals that have been on a career break for 2 or more years.
The programme will provide;
- Meaningful experience
- Individual development programme
- Mentoring and coaching support
- Access to a community of others in the same situation.
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2017 global revenues of EUR 12.8 billion. People matter, results count.
Who you’ll be working with
Our SAP team supports and implements SAP ERP solutions for HMRC. We are a dynamic and fast moving business unit, with an expectation of further growth over the coming years to ensure that we can continue to deliver high quality SAP solutions for HMRC.
The focus of your role
A senior SAP Finance consultant responsible for the design and delivery of SAP Finance solutions while undertaking Live Service support, delivering enhancements and project work. This is a challenging and multi-faceted role that requires the most current functional knowledge of the SAP Finance solutions as well as excellent client facing skills. As a subject matter expert, this role will provide guidance/oversight over all SAP Finance related activities, including helping to support discussions around the future roadmap. Additionally, this role will drive the growth and development of the existing team.
What you’ll do
Working within the SAP Delivery Group you will have the opportunity to work within a team to lead and deliver:
- Large Project/Programme delivery
- End to end solution designs for new and existing projects (impacts, high level designs, functional specifications, build and test management, etc)
- Business Change and Transformation
- Incident resolution (root-cause analysis, problem statements)
- Delivery of Maintenance releases (defect fixes)
- Enhancement releases (change requests)
What you’ll bring
- SAP ERP FI-CO Financial Accounting – FI-GL (General Ledger) FI-AP (Accounts Payable) FI-AR (Accounts Receivable) FI-AA (Asset Accounting) FI-BL (Bank Ledger/Bank Accounting) FI-FM (Funds Management) and Project systems is desirable
- SAP ERP FI-CO Controlling – CO-OM-CCA (Cost Centre Accounting) CO-OM-CEL (Cost Element Accounting) CO-OM-OPA (Internal Order Accounting) CO-PA (Profitability Analysis)
- SAP S/4 Hana Implementation experience (desirable)
- Knowledge of the SAP Finance Roadmap
- Integration – PI (Exchange Infrastructure), webMethods, Portals, Security (Roles and Authorisation), BW (Business Warehouse), SRM (Supplier Relationship Management), Ariba, HR (Human Resources), Support stacks/upgrade
- At least 5 full project life cycle (Finance) and proven system support experience
- Ideally experience supporting/implementing SAP ERP FICO solutions within the Public Sector
- Knowledge of UK statutory financial accounting and reporting requirements, management accounting techniques and integration touch points to other SAP modules. Accountancy qualifications a distinct advantage.
- Problem and incident resolution, Testing, Documentation standards/methodology, Interpersonal skills
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.