What you’ll bring:
- Excellent knowledge of Java and core open source technologies and frameworks; experience of building scalable, resilient applications
- Experience of the core XP practices of TDD, Pair Programming, and Continuous Integration
- Demonstrable experience in using Big Data / Streaming technologies on projects such as HBase, Hadoop, Kafka and relevant NoSQL databases.
- Familiarity with analytical frameworks and techniques such as Apache Spark or MapReduce.
- Demonstrable experience of building Java based solutions using Open source frameworks such as Spring
- Demontrable experience of developing and testing high volume architectures.
- Experience of working in collaborative teams and working in an agile manner in a commercial environment
We’re also using the following technologies and patterns, it would be great if you had some of the skills, if not we can help develop them:
- Designing microservice-based architectures using domain driven design (DDD) CQRS and Event Sourcing patterns
- Containerisation technologies: Docker or Kubernetes
- AWS, Azure or Openshift
- JIRA / Confluence
What we’ll offer you
Are you interested to work with and learn from the best, most inspiring engineers in the UK? Do you want to be encouraged and recognised for giving back to the open source community? Do you want to build your profile as an Open Source Engineer ? Do you want to be rewarded for striving to continually improve?
Coupled with the training, tooling, development and career progression of a large multinational business, this goes some way to describing what’s in it for you at Capgemini. We work with some of the world’s largest brands, in some of the most interesting and complex projects underway in modern IT.
Why we’re different:
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often ground-breaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini is proud to represent nearly 130 nationalities and its cultural diversity. Our holistic definition of diversity extends beyond gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, race, age and religion. Capgemini views diversity as everything that makes us who we are as an organization, including our social background, our experiences in life and work, our communication styles and even our personality. These dimensions contribute to the type of diversity we value the most: diversity of thought.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that working full-time isn’t necessarily right for everyone. So we’d love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role, and would like to work flexibly. As an example, some of our team members work four days a week, but travel across the UK during their working days. Or you might prefer to work three days a week (in a job share scenario) with travel limited to Greater London. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.