The speed of change is throwing traditional business methods into question and disrupting the relevance of entire industries. Capgemini, a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services, is at the forefront of innovation and well placed to address opportunities for our clients in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company with over 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2020 combined revenues of EUR 15.8 billion. Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Capgemini operates across all sectors, including: Financial Services, Public Sector, Energy, Utilities, Resources, Telco & Media, Consumer Products, Retail, Engineering and Transport & Distribution. Our sector experts partner with clients on their digital transformation journeys to help them become customer-centric digital businesses, leverage IoT & the flexibility & scalability of the cloud, machine learning and edge computing and identifying, developing and implementing new business models, whilst always prioritising cybersecurity. We help to control and reduce costs, and demonstrate value to customers and regulators. From strategic consulting to implementation, IT and engineering delivery and support, our services are designed to help customers stay ahead of a dynamic market. Whether it’s identifying new opportunities for increasing revenue; implementing a new business process and solution for an operational system, building and operating a digital supply chain or improving customer experience, Capgemini can help achieve strategic objectives.
We are currently looking for a Release Lead to partner with the Home Lending business of one of our major Banking clients. This role is Melbourne based.
Let’s talk about the role and responsibilities:
- Drive scoping and related activities across the squads for Project Releases
- Establish and manage the engagements with interface partners of the Releases
- Establish Release Annual Calendars, Key Dates & Activation approach for individual releases and execute / track the Project Releases accordingly
- Conduct required stand ups to track Release issues, risks, schedule, testing sign offs, dress rehearsals & implementation related activities
- Manage the Project Release implementations and coordinate associated activities
- Flexibly apply skills and expertise to work across Tribes whilst retaining accountability within a specific Tribe
- Embed release engineering practices to influence the optmisation and flow of value through the releases
- Continuous aggregation and communication of backlog and feature progress, dependency progress and major impediments affecting the release
- Track and resolve impediments for the release
- Translation of business initiatives into cross-platform or Cross-Tribe releases
- Fit-gap analysis and feasibility assessment across the platforms/Tribes within the domain against the scope/timeframe/value of release
- Provide input into value assessments and do-ability
- Coordination and execution of release activities across Squad/s and/or Technology Areas
Let’s talk about your experience:
- Track record of solving problems and issues that matter.
- Experience of influencing and negotiation via a variety of strategies, to build broad stakeholder buy-in
- Financial Services Domain and Industry Knowledge and Expertise
- Leverage business acumen and technical knowledge to influence outcomes and deliver value for a release
- Agile ways of working in multidisciplinary teams
- Working Agile means you are used to constantly testing, iterating, and making rapid decisions as you go.
- You have worked as part of a Tribe that is used to self-organisation and working in squads consisting of developers, operations engineers, customer journey experts and product owners who come from different domains
- Understanding of the Minimum Viable Product (MVP) concept; It’s not about getting something perfect, but about constantly testing and iterating
- Ownership; you are used to delivering end-to-end service and shaping how banking clients deliver on their commitment to providing great customer service through technology
- ITIL and PMP certifications an advantage.
Let’s talk about what’s in it for you!
Passionate people are Capgemini’s Ace of Spades – join us to discover a career that will challenge, support and inspire you. Working at Capgemini you’ll find the rewards are more than just financial. You will work alongside some very smart and inspiring people on exciting projects and you will also enjoy incredible benefits. We offer flexible work practices and 40 hours of self-development every year with a huge selection of learning opportunities to choose from.
As “Architects of Positive Futures”, Capgemini actively supports the community in 3 ways:
Diversity and Inclusion - we believe diversity of thought fuels excellence and innovation, which is why we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified candidates regardless of their gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, ability, intersex status or age. To support our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we celebrate or recognise special events and days of significance that are important to our employees such as Diwali, Bastille Day, Pride, IDAHOBIT, IWD and International day of people with Disabilities. Our Employee Resource Groups Women@Capgemini, OutFront, Indigeneous, Parents and Careers and Sustainability Community of Practice support the grassroots passion of employees to drive our diversity agenda and effect change.
Digital inclusion - at Capgemini we are using our skills to drive social impact initiatives focusing on helping society address the impact of the digital and automation revolution. We also provide employees with opportunities to give back to the community through charity projects and volunteer days.
Environmental Sustainability - Capgemini joined the CDP’s (Carbon Disclosure Project) prestigious “A list” for its commitment to the Net-Zero economy. As well as focusing on helping our clients transform towards more sustainable business models, Capgemini recently announced its commitment to becoming a netzero busines by 2030.
Recognised by Ethisphere as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies for the last 9 years in a row, ethics and values are at the heart of Capgemini’s corporate culture and business. Embedded in our DNA, our seven values – Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty – have remained the same since company inception in 1967. To see how we bring these values to life, visit www.capgemini.com/au-en/careers/ and listen to some of our employee’s stories.
Come join us, bring your whole self to work, create new possibilities for you, your customers and your community and help us to be Architects of Positive Futures.
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.