An overview of the role
An experienced Release and Configuration Consultant who has or is eligible for valid SC clearance, a solid understanding of Windows server infrastructure and Microsoft Azure is required to join a dynamic team to provide administration, installation, support, and release/ configuration management services for a number of COTS application products.
You will join an existing experienced team that provides application support for key business applications. There is a regular fast-moving release cycle and the team are continuingly introducing enhancements. The primary focus of this role is the responsibility for administration and support for the selected COTS products, and to manage software and configuration changes through the development lifecycle and through the application environments (System Test, UAT, pre-production and production).
The Application Administrator and Support Engineer is responsible for resolving any issues that arise during any release, often having to liaise with developers, team leads, other technical resources and the client.
The Production Support team is responsible for the support of the client’s applications, which are used to distribute subsidies to the farming community of Wales.
The team objectives include;
- Carrying out incident and problem management for live production incidents.
- Liaise with Business Analysts / Third line support staff for more complex incidents.
- Prompt escalation of problems, issues and risks as necessary.
- Playing an active part in process improvement, awareness of and compliance with all relevant quality processes and procedures.
When not involved with releases, the analyst will be expected to assist with the team objectives. Where the investigation becomes technical, Capgemini staff provide a deeper level of understanding and technical acumen.
Why this role?
This role is to work on client site in Cardiff and our Welsh Delivery Centre as part of a collaborative team; in present conditions the team is working at home. Discussions for future arrangements are underway with a hybrid-model anticipated.
Capgemini has been working with this client since 2001 and is a well-established account. In that time the applications and account has won numerous industry awards for excellence in delivery. We have delivered an online service to the account and are constantly requiring major project development that are led by Capgemini project teams. This programme of work is changing many of the existing schemes, functionality and adding new ones for the Production Support team to support, part of which has helped necessitate this job spot.
- Must have or attain SC security clearance
- Package installation, configuration, and management.
- First-hand experience of release and configuration management across environments
- The individual is required to be a subject matter expertise in the installation, configuration, and management for a number of core applications that support the wider technical solution.
- These products are IBM FileNet, Kofax and Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) and experience of these is preferable but details of similar roles for other packages is essential.
- Experience of Windows Server/Containers/Docker/Kubernetes
- Microsoft Azure cloud – knowledge and experience of using Azure as a platform to deliver custom software applications
- PowerShell/groovy scripting
- DevOps – experience of CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins/Python/Maven/JSON to automate platform delivery
- Experience of release and configuration management across environments using tools such as Jenkins, JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket & Git & Artifactory
- Knowledge of IIS and VB.NET (Kofax)
- MSSQL (Language and Config)
- WebSphere (to support FileNet/ODM)
- ECM principles – Capture/Storage/Retention
While we’re a global consultancy, we’re made up of supportive, close-knit communities. Everyone wants to get the best solutions for our customers and create the best working environment.
Learning and development
There’s an endless amount to learn at Capgemini, and an endless number of ways to do so. So, you’ll also have unique training opportunities to take advantage of. Some of our consultants even have the chance to go to Les Fontaine (near Paris, France), where we host a conference. Outside of dedicated training, everyone makes time to help and support one another – collaboration is encouraged across all of our teams.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.