Role: Reference Data Architect
Location: New York, NY
Employment Terms: Fulltime with benefits
Relocation: Candidate can relocate
Skills & Qualifications:
We are looking for a candidate with experience in reference data sourcing, management and distribution in a high-volume transaction processing environment. Based on the role description as outlined below, our preference is for the candidate to have an in-depth understanding of Global Payments (focused on high value, RTGS/Swift and US (Fedwire/ US RTP/ACH) or similar domestic clearing in the UK or EU countries. In lieu of Global Payments experience we will consider candidates with end-to-end transactional experience in other domains such as equities, derivatives, futures, OTC, foreign exchange, commodities, fixed income or credit card.
- The candidate should exhibit demonstrated experience working in a globally distributed team and in partnership with operations, product management/owners and technology teams
- The candidate should be reference data SME and understand evolving business and technology landscape of processes, data and technologies used.
- Knowledge and understanding of Payments applications (or one of the other transactional domain applications) from both functional and technical perspectives is essential.
- Expertise in data modeling, understanding reference data trends and challenges
- Successful candidate must be able to demonstrate extensive experience in delivering technical reference and static data management solutions meeting business data needs.
- Must have working knowledge in interfacing with IT teams with limited exposure to the business. This is primarily an IT role
- Deep expertise in handling structured data and other (unstructured) data types
- Experience working on large scale projects, enterprise data solutions with disparate sources to enable standardization & classification for data processing and consequent application development, including extensive practical skills in developing systems for static and reference data;
- Excellent analytical and critical reasoning skills with a strong focus on execution
- Proactive problem solver who operates effectively and independently, even in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity
- Advanced knowledge of SQL, Java, and logical data modelling is required. Ideal candidate would be a technically aligned Data Architect
- Excellent communication, negotiation, networking and influencing skills; excellent consumer relationship management skill with service-oriented mindset
- Ability to work across multiple global business groups and domains; ability to work in fast-paced environment; possess excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Agile experience is a required.
- Proven experience explaining complex technical concepts to business people and technical experts so they can be debated for best solutions
- Bachelor’s in computer science or related discipline or unrelated Bachelors
- with Professional Certification in IT
- Working knowledge of international, high value fund transfer solutions used by banks to process payments for institutional, retails, corporate, and corresponding banking relationships
- Hands-on knowledge of SWIFT workflow
- Proven record of working within a CB / GTB (Commercial Bank/ Global Transaction Banking) organization and building technology solutions
- cloud experience is a big plus
- GCP certification is a major plus
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.
What we Offer
- Your career matters to you and is important to us too. Because your goals and needs are constantly evolving, we offer visibility, leeway and support to help you grow and progress in your career. This approach builds notably on our comprehensive competency framework, our personal development, training and career management programs, and our University innovative and business-focused learning curriculums.
- We promote a culture of diversity. We believe working with talented individuals from different backgrounds and points of view is a strategic advantage and an ongoing opportunity. Diversity enriches our creative solutions and adds value for our clients.
- With the digital tech sector growing at a rapid pace and women significantly underrepresented in the industry, we are determined to inspire and recruit more women into technology and build diverse teams that reflect the clients we serve.
- Our Shared values have been at the heart of the group since our formation. They are honesty, boldness, trust, freedom, team spirit, modesty and fun. These values influence the way we meet client needs while respecting the regulatory requirements of each country in which we operate, and the way we promote ethically sound practices within Capgemini and in our partnerships.
- Capgemini is committed to building a workforce of employees with diverse backgrounds and work experiences. We strongly encourage women, veterans and active military service personnel to apply.
- Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- `This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
- Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
- Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.