An overview of the role
The requirement is for a Quality, Audit & Risk Manager to join Cloud Infrastructure Services’ existing Global Business Assurance team to perform the role of Quality, Audit & Risk Manager for the Metropolitan Police Service (MPS) Account. The Quality, Audit & Risk Manager should perform, coordinate and/or retain oversight of all quality, audit and risk activities within the MPS Account working on behalf of the client in a Service Management capacity. In addition, be able to drive improvements in quality control, compliance and risk management.
This role will be remote, although there may be some requirement for a combination of client premises and Capgemini offices once a ‘normal’ way has been established after the current pandemic. The latter will depend on the Quality, Audit and Risk Frameworks way of working being established alongside the client.
While one part (service desk) of the MPS account is live running, there remain two further phases undergoing transition. Hence, working with transition managers to set up the Quality, Audit and Risk framework will be required.
Liaison with all levels of delivery management, onshore business units, technical towers, APPS etc. is expected, as well as with MPS 3rd party suppliers. There is likely to be regular client contact.
The person holding the Quality, Audit & Risk Manager role is expected to undertake the following activities:
• During the Transition and Early Life Support phases to help design, build and deploy Quality, Audit and Risk Frameworks across all Service Tower Providers on behalf of the client.
• Help setup of Quality, Audit and Risk related objectives (SLA’s/OLA’s (as required) and KPI’s for the onshore business units, technical towers, APPS and 3rd party vendors.
• Propose and agree the Internal Audit Schedule for the MPS Account.
• Work with senior managers, account teams and Service Tower Providers to ensure that quality control, quality policies, targets, plans and standards are met.
• Become intimately familiar with the MPS client environment – Client business as well as the contract.
• Acquire sufficient knowledge over time to be able to liaise, train, coach, guide, and facilitate MPS Account team members including Service Tower Providers to comply with MPS’ QMS and other Capgemini policies, standards, processes and quality/audit-related matters within the company.
• Create MPS-specific quality assurance materials and obtain the necessary approvals.
• Ensure that all resulting actions are robustly tracked with recording of credible evidence through to successful closure.
• Support the MPS organization to set up the Risk Management process within the MPS account in line with Capgemini Global Risk Management process and client requirements.
• Support key stakeholders (e.g. business unit, account management teams, service tower providers) with remediation activities to address identified deficiencies.
• Offer improvements in the definition, execution, monitoring and reporting of controls so that control weaknesses can be fixed before they result in customer-visible problems.
• Supports the organisation’s readiness activities for Group Internal Audits.
• Ensure that contractually agreed quality, audit, risk and compliance obligations are met within the account and delivered to client’s satisfaction. Note: contract management and administration and contractual obligations management may be performed elsewhere but this role must help retain the oversight of contractual compliance.
• Work with project delivery managers and engagements managers to ensure projects are handled as per Capgemini/Client project ways-of-working.
• Propose, lead, contribute, drive and follow through on opportunities for continual improvement to the quality of management systems, quality governance, control framework, audit and risk methods, and business delivery (supported by fully cost justified business cases as required).
This role is for an experienced Quality, Audit & Risk manager who does not just have a “checklist approach” to quality but understands the business benefits of quality, takes ownership and is self-directed, resolution and objectives oriented.
Additionally, for the MPS account, CTC level of security clearance will need to be applied for.
• At least 10 years’ IT industry work experience.
• At least 3 years’ experience in a leading role in service delivery, service delivery management, engagement management or equivalent.
• At least 3 years’ experience in a quality management role.
• A strong background in quality, audit, compliance, and risk and a solid understanding of what constitutes good practice.
• Ability to read complex contractual agreements and extract elements and interpret them from a quality assurance perspective.
• With such a wide range of responsibilities need to be able to prioritise and schedule work for the calendar year to ensure a suitable spread of work.
• Has a very good understanding of quality assurance and quality control requirements.
• A good awareness of ISO 9001, ISO/IEC 20000-1, ITIL.
• A strong background in Infrastructure Services, Technical Infrastructure, Cloud, SIAM and experience of Application Services. Quality, Audit and Risk Management within the context of IT Outsourcing.
• Core behaviours of collaboration, resilience, professional integrity.
• Has very good interpersonal skills to manage relationships at all levels of the organisation.
• Industry recognised Auditor Certification.
• Knowledge of security and environmental sustainability standards, technology, processes etc.
• Good commercial, financial, and contractual acumen.
While we’re a global consultancy, we’re made up of supportive, close-knit communities. Everyone wants to get the best solutions for our customers and create the best working environment.
Learning and Development
There’s an endless amount to learn at Capgemini, and an endless number of ways to do so. So, you’ll also have unique training opportunities to take advantage of. Some of our consultants even have the chance to go to Les Fontaine (near Paris, France), where we host a conference. Outside of dedicated training, everyone makes time to help and support one another – collaboration is encouraged across all of our teams.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.