Quality Assurance lead/Automation Tester
Location: Any UK location
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 13.2 billion. People matter, results count.
What makes us different?
- We have a unique focus that sets us apart from our competitors: A dedicated Application Management/Outsourcing Sales and Sector team
- Capgemini employees live the company’s values, including boldness, fun and modesty: Our customers really like this as it is embodied in the people we put forward onto our engagements
- We empower our people so that they, as well as Capgemini, can deliver results
We are an assignment-based organisation. Flexibility is intrinsic to our way of working, enabling our people to gain the experience they need to progress their careers.
Who you’ll be working with
A UK Government client that requires secure support for their critical applications supporting citizen and industry-facing services including EU-Exit related trade operations. You will be expected to support our client remotely within the UK with occasional travel to Client or Capgemini sites. We are looking for experienced and enthusiastic Developers/System Engineers who can help resolve complex business and technical problems and assist our client in getting the best out of their Java applications.
Within this Digital delivery partnership, you will be part of a growing team of Developers, Quality Assurance Leads and 2nd line support allowing us to mutualise our resources to flex for changing demands and build responsive teams. This is supported by a people capability that helps with the individuals training and growth alongside the business requirements to enable us to deliver the high standard of support that our clients expect from Capgemini.
You will also be part of a wider capability of Developers and Software Engineers who work for a wide range of Clients, enabling future assignments and opportunities to continue to grow and deliver best practice.
The focus of your role
Is to support our client with their EU-Exit related trade Applications as n Quality Assurance lead/Automation Tester. You will be expected to be able to obtain security clearance then support our client remotely. You will be expected to be able to assist Capgemini’s client with answering queries, resolving issues and incidents, and providing best practice where required. You will also be expected to work on requests for changes and enhancements, amending and creating code, undertaking RCAs and fix of any issues alongside working on ongoing releases
What you’ll do
Join our AMS Support team. We are seeking an experienced Quality Assurance lead/Automation Tester person, as we are currently looking to expand our capability in this area to support existing and new applications for this Client.
What you’ll bring
We are looking for a Quality Assurance lead/Automation Tester, to join our team providing an Application Management Service for cloud native services hosted in Microsoft Azure DevOps / Microsoft 365 environment. The team will work in collaboration with development teams on an agile/scrum programme, triaging and reproducing Live Service Incidents, and completing assurance against sprint tickets/change requests.
The ideal candidate will have the following essential skills/experience:
- You need to be able to be cleared for Government vetting at Security Clearance level
- Creation of and maintenance of automation frameworks using Java, and Selenium WebDriver
- Manual/Regression testing of web applications
- Accessibility Testing via SortSite
- Working in a Microsoft Azure CI/CD environment, with GIT version control
- Experience with Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement/Field Services modules
- Working knowledge of ITIL Incident, Problem and Change Management, or ITIL Foundation certified
- Working in an Agile/scrum project environment
- Be able to work independently and to work collaboratively with other members in the support or development teams providing Java assistance to our clients
- You should be able to manage your tasks and update and resolve incidents/problems according to the client to Service Levels
- You will be expected to demonstrate an ability to develop other colleagues
The following would also be desirable skills/experience:
- GDS Experience
- Azure DevOps
- Experience in Octopus Deploy
- Experience of ITIL and specifically Service Now
- Experience of performance testing
- Experience of integration tools, Microsoft Logic Apps and Function Apps, Azure Service Bus
- Have used Jira/Confluence
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often ground-breaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.