About Capgemini :
Now with 180,000 people in over 40 countries, Capgemini is one of the world’s foremost providers of consulting, technology and outsourcing services. The Group reported 2014 global revenues of EUR 10.573 billion. Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness. A deeply multicultural organisation, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model. Learn more about us at www.uk.capgemini.com.
Rightshore® is a trademark belonging to Capgemini
About Infrastructure Services :
Capgemini Infrastructure Services have recently streamlined their operations around a global IT services supply chain model. As part of this initiative, they have established a global Cloud Practice, tasked with client advisory services, cloud project engagements and cloud service delivery. As a result, the Cloud Practice is looking to build on its architect team by recruiting experienced cloud architects and consultants.
Main Purpose of the Role:
The purpose of the role is to assist clients in optimising their use of cloud resources (public and private) as part of a balanced IT supply portfolio. As such, the successful applicants will have a wealth of exposure in projects that exploit public cloud services and be capable of engaging predominantly on customer projects covering the full life cycle from proposal/justification to project design/build.
The Cloud Architect is a key role within the Capgemini Infrastructure business to enable our customers journey to leverage cloud and develop a hybrid cloud / bimodal operating model.
In this role the Cloud Architect engages closely with clients, partners and other business units to develop and execute innovative and competitive solutions / projects for new and existing clients leveraging a wealth of previous experience in deploying cloud solutions.
The candidate will be expected to work as part of a pre-sales team in the proposal stage and then engage in the delivery of the cloud transformation project covering the design and implementation phases of the project before handing over to support and operations teams.
It is anticipated that individuals will be an architect with significant specialism in either AWS or Azure. Preference will be given to candidates with strong consulting and client facing skills.
- Expert knowledge of either AWS or Azure platform features and capabilities
- Experienced at producing multi-tier, high-availability infrastructure architectures in an Enterprise & cloud environment adhering to DR, Business Continuity and availability best practice
- Understanding of Hybrid Cloud solutions and experienced in integrating public cloud into traditional hosting/delivery models
- Experience with application and infrastructure management and monitoring tools
- Experience with executing quick technical feasibility and proposal development for moving identified workloads to Azure/AWS
- Manage cloud risk & compliance assessments with the customer
- Building and recommending a migration approach to lift and shift the workloads to Azure /AWS or architecting a green field development and/or production platform for new applications. Able to help shape transition and transformation strategies
- Executing limited POCs, where necessary
- Knowledge and experience of AWS/Azure pricing and commercial models and how to optimise for a given engagement or use case
- Network integration experience with AWS Direct Connect or Azure Express route integration and network design (LAN/WAN/Firewalls)
- Identity and access integration AWS IAM, Azure IDaaS, AAD
- Thorough background on general infrastructure components like Networking, Server platforms, storage, application structure (2-tier, 3-tier), Identity, Security (Encryption, PKI), load balancing, clients (workstations, laptops, Thin client), Mobility, etc.
- Good working knowledge of processes and procedures (like ITIL)
- Either AWS solution architect Associate level certification or Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer: Azure Solutions Architect accreditation
- Excellent English communication capabilities, both written and verbal
- Excellent consultancy skills
- Ability to perform and conduct workshops and meetings to develop client solutions
- Must be fully flexible and mobile. Travel and communication over different time zones will be involved.
- Experience of Softlayer, Google Compute Engine, Rackspace
- VMWare or Hyper V based private clouds
- Scripting & Automation knowledge/skills (PowerShell/Puppet/Chef/JSON)
- Exposure and understanding- automated build pipeline, continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Cloud provisioning and configuration technologies (Teraform, Ansible, Packer, AWS cloudformation)
- Experience of container technology the use cases and application (Docker/ Kubernetes)
- Experience with relational databases HA solutions using Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle Database
- Familiar with the DevOps concepts and aspects
- Experience in designing and implementing an Office 365 environment