Taking full responsibility for managing projects or programmes – managing a number of related workstreams or activities to achieve a desired business result, planned profitability levels, quality standards and highest-level client satisfaction. All this whilst also building a high-performing, motivated delivery team.
Assignments will vary in size and duration, and may involve working as part of a team delivering a contractual solution, providing expert client-side consultancy, mentoring, or acting as a “trusted advisor” and/or “subject matter expert” to clients and internal teams alike. Your relationships will run from senior management level through to project development teams.
This role can be either London or Manchester based, with regular travel/working across the UK on projects.
The key responsibilities of the job include but are not limited to:
- Effective start-up, execution and close-down of projects and programmes
- Alignment of projects and programmes with business benefits realisation
- Establishment of effective project / programme governance
- Managing project / programme finances in collaboration with the client
- Ensuring the effective resource management and alignment between all involved parties (Capgemini on-shore and off-shore, plus client and 3rd party as necessary)
- Alignment of project / programme with client strategic objectives, scope and requirements management, invoking change control procedures as appropriate
- Providing proactive resolution of issues and mitigation / containment of risks and associated impacts
- Managing and maximising client stakeholder relationships
- Managing supplier relationships (3rd party and Capgemini internal): selection, contractual and management of delivery.
- Establishing and implementing effective communication to the variety of stakeholders, client, delivery team and 3rd parties
- Management of quality assurance and quality control aspects related to the programme/project
- Building a high-performing, motivated delivery team
The ideal candidate should have run at least 2-3 successful projects / programmes with full accountability in preferably one or more of the following spaces:
- Large organisational transformation
- Large systems integration / development / implementation
- ERP / CRM / BI implementations
- Bespoke application design, build, run according to a recognised systems development lifecycle method (e.g. DSDM, RUP, Agile)
Experience in dealing with multiple of the following PM processes:
- Stakeholder management (ongoing, dynamic, active engagement with all stakeholders)
- Benefits identification / tracking (involvement in business case development, designing and running benefits management structures for ongoing tracking of benefits achieved)
- Multi party integration (this can have various dimensions – multiple workstream management, multiple vendor management, multiple client business groups' involvement, etc.)
- Project portfolio management (emphasis on experience in helping the client make decisions around "Doing the Right Things" as opposed to reactive reporting based portfolio mgmt)
- Budget management (experience managing various engagement models, e.g. fixed price, fixed capacity, T&M, etc)
- Resource management (strategic view covering projecting/forecasting resource needs as well as tactical day to day resource fulfilment based view)
- Change management (ability to guide organisations through complex and multi-dimensional change)
Other experience required:
- Having been accountable for projects up to at least £5M
- Experience wider than just technology delivery
- Team sizes of 20-50 FTEs
- Demonstrable compliance to delivery frameworks (e.g. PRINCE2, PMP)
Experience in any of the following areas within the financial services sector:
- Capital Markets
- Payments & Cards
- Wealth and Asset Management
- Risk Management
- Regulation & Compliance
One of the top 5 IT services and consulting companies worldwide, Capgemini was founded in 1967 and is headquartered in Paris, France. Operating in 44 countries, we are, above all, a people company, with more than 180,000 people across the globe. The Group reported 2016 global revenues of EUR 12.539 billion.
At Capgemini Financial Services, we are passionate about bringing deep industry experience, innovative service offerings and next generation global delivery to serve the financial services industry.
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, family or care responsibilities, gender and gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race (which includes colour, caste, nationality and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief, sexual orientation, social or educational background. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Please let us know if you consider yourself to have a disability that requires an adjustment to help facilitate your application, interview or the joining process.
We would like to retain your details for approximately 24 months, in case any suitable positions arise during that time. However, if you would prefer us not to, please let us know.