- Position Type: Full Time Job
- Job Location: New York, NY
- Job Title: Project Manager
- The ideal candidate for this position will have at least 6 – 8 years of project / program management experience with an ability to think tactically as well as strategically while leading cross functional teams in a matrixed environment. The candidate will have a successful history of leading large scale, complex development efforts in a fast paced environment and demonstrate a sustained track record of delivering high-quality outputs, on-time and to product specifications. He/she must demonstrate a strong competency in helping to create and sustain an environment that fosters accountability, quality, commitment, growth and innovation. In addition to leading multiple cross functional activities and work streams, the candidate must be experienced in successfully driving cross departmental initiatives.
- Collaboration across technology organization, providing sound business analysis, process and change leadership within a maturing, hybrid (Agile/Waterfall) PDLC framework
- Provide recommendations to management based on best practices and experience working in a global and diverse environment.
- Identify, create and manage appropriate governance forums to ensure execution excellence, prioritization, issue escalation, etc. for the portfolio.
- Provide transparency to Senior Management with respect to Portfolio issues, risks and recommend/implement strategies for effective and efficient operations.
- Conduct project or program audits to ensure standards and scopes are being met and achieved.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and to resolve scheduling and other conflicts in order to meet all deadlines.
- Skills Required
- Demonstrated capabilities in successfully leading enterprise wide programs and projects
- High degree of business acumen and technical competency; ability to balance and bridge technology and business needs; project and program management
- Financial services industry experience preferred, preferable wealth management and has technology background
- Superior verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Outstanding customer service and strong executive presence.
- Identify and analyze opportunities and make tactical/strategic recommendations
- Deep skills in program management tools, including Jira, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and SharePoint.