Telford or Worthing with travel to other locations as required.
Security Clearance Requirement: SC eligible
This is an exciting time as we support large scale client transformation across a wide range of technologies. In this cruicial role as Project Manager you’ll work with our Capgemini team supporting one of our largest clients globally.
The Project Manager is required to join Capgemini’s team based in Telford or Worthing. There are a wide range of project types and whilst most of those projects are for HMRC other clients are also supported.
We’re excited to be offering this opportunity to join our established and rapidly expanding team, working across a diverse range of technologies and areas of the business. You will lead, manage and deliver one or more projects using a variety of recognised methodologies, including agile, via a number of multi-disciplined, highly skilled teams. You will work closely with our clients to agree scope, commercials as well as establish delivery priorities and plans, manage risks and dependencies, and remove blockers.
• Delivery of one or more projects through the full software/technology lifecycle
• Provide leadership and management of project and interfacing teams
• Supporting new business development including the development of commercial propositions
• Management of all aspects of delivery including risks, issues, scope, cost and timeline
• Actively manage progress and financial reporting using best practice
• Actively manages the client relationship including the commercials, risks and opportunities of the development, and acts as the point of contact for the client.
• You will conduct client negotiations to agree terms for changes to the scope of the project to ensure commercial viability and to set realistic expectations.
• You’ll be adept at delivering complex projects, breaking down barriers for your team and proactiviely managing expectations of the client
• Strong experience of Agile & Waterfall methodologies
• Established credientials and track record of previous project delivery (of multi million pound budgets), across multiple industries
• Have a recognised industry qualification such as PRINCE 2
• Good communicator, ability to influence and coach others
• Proven ability to forge trusted relationship with clients in line with our business objectives
• Strong financial and commercial management
• Ability to work independently within a client or competitive environment
• Proven vendor/supplier management experience
• Excellent consulting and customer facing skills
While we’re a global consultancy, we’re made up of supportive, close-knit communities. Everyone wants to get the best solutions for our customers and create the best working environment.
We have a world class software engineering community; we invest in doing things right and have plenty to say on the subject. We’re active on social media and for those that want to find out more, take a look at our blogs – written by engineers, for engineers: http://capgemini.github.io/
There’s an endless amount to learn at Capgemini, and an endless number of ways to do so. So, you’ll also have unique training opportunities to take advantage of. Some of our consultants even have the chance to go to Les Fontaine (near Paris, France), where we host a conference. Outside of dedicated training, everyone makes time to help and support one another – collaboration is encouraged across all of our teams.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
This role is open to applications through our Relaunch@Capgemini programme for individuals who have been on a Career Break of between 2 and 10 years. We understand that you won’t necessarily match every requirement on the job description but please do apply for the vacancy that best meets your area of expertise. Further details on the programme can be found at https://www.capgemini.com/gb-en/careers/relaunchcapgemini/”
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the
Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Discover more about what Capgemini can offer you. Visit:
https://twitter.com/Capgemini and https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Capgemini-Reviews-E3803.htm