About Capgemini Consulting:
Capgemini Consulting is the consulting arm of the Capgemini Group specializing in advising and supporting enterprises in significant transformation, from innovative strategy to execution and with an unstinting focus on results. Our team of 3,600 consultants (around 500 of whom are based in the UK) focuses on the successful delivery of solutions to the challenges our clients face. Capgemini Consulting has always believed in delivering solutions that work. Our clients’ challenges have changed – our philosophy hasn’t.
The successful candidate will join the global Capgemini Consulting Finance team. The role will sit within the CC UK business with 2017 Revenues of over €100m. The objective of the specific role is to provide full and proactive financial control of one of the Market Unit portfolios, including the identification and reporting of risk. It is a high-profile role requiring strong and effective relationships with the Market Unit team at all levels to build credibility and trust.
- Own all financial aspects of delivering to the market Revenue and GOP target through effective controls and coaching, including the financial content of Account Packs and monthly Account/Domain M-Reviews.
- Liaise effectively and positively with key stakeholders both onshore and offshore (such as Account Executives, Delivery Teams, PMO and Finance colleagues from other business units) to deliver robust financial control.
- Daily focus on optimising CC DOR position via Net WIP and Debt management.
- Manage and complete the full month-end close process (Bookings, Actuals and Forecast) for the Market Unit portfolio within tight deadlines, ensuring accuracy and TransFORM compliance of reporting including full understanding of Contracts and the appropriate financial treatment they require.
- Demonstrate and communicate a detailed understanding of financials and risks, including mitigation actions. Work closely with the Market team to highlight risks and manage those mitigation actions.
- Review the sales pipeline and work with the market team to increase accuracy.
- Provide Financial support for large bids within the portfolio, compile the Financial View and act as the single point of contact for any Financial queries
- Ensure all Balance Sheet accounts are reconciled, understood and actioned monthly.
- Proactive involvement with the business to improve processes and operational efficiency, including the production of ad-hoc reports and analysis to support business decision-making
Professional Experience and Qualifications:
- Qualified Accountant or final level candidate
- Background in project accounting environments, preferably within Consulting and IT industry
- Strong communication and influencing skills – must be credible with senior management
- Strong intellect with good academic record, able to prioritise and organise own work to deliver to agreed deadlines
Personal Attributes & Skills:
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude; should demonstrate drive to take positive action through to conclusion
- Calm under pressure, a clear thinker with an aptitude for detail
- Rigorous and self-motivated, with good influencing skills
- Good communication and presentation skills at all levels
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Systems Skills: GFS, N2K, THOR, Microsoft Excel (intermediate at least), Microsoft Powerpoint