Programme /Project Manager
Location: UK Wide
An overview of the role
Our Application Development delivery unit specialises in agile custom software development and integration at an enterprise scale. We build world class digital experiences and applications, using modern delivery methods, leveraging robust, flexible platforms.
Our projects can span from gathering user insight to designing compelling experiences and delivering them through a variety of touch points (mobile | tablet | web) underpinned by enterprise integration at scale, with capabilities spanning the digital, Cloud and traditional client landscapes.
We are seeking Programme and Project Managers who are experienced in working with clients, in agile delivery and in successful delivery of digital transformation projects. We are seeking Project Managers who can lead some of the most innovative enterprise digital projects in the UK and globally.
Why this role?
Providing delivery expertise and consultancy to external clients, our Programme and Project Managers can be placed on technology-focused delivery assignments in any sector and on projects of varying size and degrees of complexity, from single small team assignments to multi-site, multi-country, multi-discipline projects. Projects may contain a blend of Capgemini, client and contract staff and include a range of different stakeholders. You will be responsible for the end-to-end engagement, including: shaping, defining, delivering and having responsibility for budget management; contract and commercial management; with an expectation to build excellent client relationships, enabling delivery led sales opportunities
What you’ll do?
- Lead and motivate our teams to deliver meaningful outcomes that meet our clients’ needs using agile techniques
- Managing the delivery of agile projects across the full lifecycle; from sales-handover, through inception and delivery through to project close-down
- Owning the project constraints, including budget, timescale, resource, scope, risk and quality parameters and responsible for progress and other reporting to the customer and Capgemini.
- Leading the definition, scoping and planning for a project – working closely with key roles in the team (i.e. senior BA, lead architect, s/w engineering lead, DevOps lead and QA).
- Working successfully with your client to understand their needs and deliver value for the client and Capgemini
- Working across the project team (that may include near-shore and off-shore roles) to lead, motivate and mentor the team
- Through an understanding of our customers’ business needs and Capgemini offerings, identifying new delivery opportunities to our customers.
- Be part of a Capgemini Project Management and wider community contributing to winning new work, shape contracts, resource projects and mentor our talent pool
What you’ll bring
- A passion for and demonstrable experience in managing bespoke software and/or digital development/experience design projects/implementation and integration projects, from inception through to delivery
- A recognised project management certification
- Experience delivering complex projects using an agile framework that may be with several (often distributed -including multi-country) teams, over several phases, and multiple stakeholder groups (including third-party suppliers)
- Techniques for estimating, sizing and tracking projects delivered using an agile framework
- A successful track record working directly with your clients to deliver value
- Experience of using a variety of agile frameworks to deliver projects and a passion for agile ways of working with teams and with your clients
- Excellent skills and knowledge of collaborative leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Excellent communication, negotiating and mentoring skills.
Work Life Harmony
We understand that everyone has varied lives and we want you to have a great work-life balance. So, where possible, our Work Life Harmony policy will help you to work flexibly and juggle your work and home life.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Discover more about what Capgemini can offer you. Visit:
https://twitter.com/Capgemini and https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Capgemini-Reviews-E3803.htm