Indirects Category Manager – UK & Ireland
Home based with occasional travel into London, Holborn
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 13.2 billion. People matter, results count.
The focus of your role
This is a key role within the Global Indirects team, The buyer is responsible for transforming the category for the region UK & Ireland in line with the global category strategy and in bringing a step change in savings/value (e.g., quality, service, total vendor value) improvements by working together with the local operations to deliver the projects and actions as agreed. The Category Manager supports the business to increase their revenue and GOP.
The Category Manager will be part of the North Europe Indirect team, covering UK & Ireland, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Romania, Poland, Czech Republic, Russia and the Nordic countries
What you’ll do
• Looking for experienced and committed individual who can supervise and develop a country category portfolio as well as lead European initiatives.
• Build and strengthen intimacy with internal stakeholders (such as Real Estate Department, HR, Finance…)
• Drive and implement global procurement strategies for the following Indirects categories: Real Estate, Facility Services, Employee Benefits and MarCom, Meeting and Events.
• Ensure that the optimal balance between value for money and cost savings is achieved, while ensuring quality and excellent customer service for Capgemini in your country
• Enforce the Environment, Social and Governance (ESG) priorities as well as Ethics and Compliance Policies of the Group on all sourcing activities
• Contribute and support the business in the ongoing development of the purchasing strategy for your categories through the introduction of leading edge and best practice techniques
• Work with the UK&I Procurement Country Cluster Manager, the European Category Managers and the Global Lead Buyers to ensure that the local strategy and coverage, category plans and vendor management are in line with the Group strategy,
• Ensure all procurement opportunities are investigated and realized where possible.
• Manage projects within agreed timescales and budget when required, identifying and addressing all possible risks
• Ensure that category contracts and Framework Agreements are used appropriately at local levels, with a specific focus on Integrated Facility Management and Fleet Management contracts.
What you’ll bring
• 5-10 years of experience within a leading-edge company recognized for its purchasing excellence.
• Personal will ideally have experience across: Real Estate, Facilities Management, Employee Benefits. Marketing & Communication, Meetings & Events is a plus
• Multi category experience, risk management, strategic sourcing and proven ability to work in a logical and thorough way with ability to pay attention to details.
• A track record of developing category plans and the associated achievement of cost savings.
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.