Who you’ll be working with
Capgemini Consulting is the global strategy and transformation consulting organisation of the Capgemini Group, specialising in advising and supporting enterprises in significant transformation, from innovative strategy to execution and with an unstinting focus on results. With the new digital economy creating significant disruptions and opportunities, our global team of over 4,000 talented individuals work with leading companies and governments to master Digital Transformation, drawing on our understanding of the digital economy and our leadership in business transformation and organisational change.
Capgemini: A global Financial Services powerhouse
Capgemini’s global network of over 21,000 Financial Services professionals worldwide serves over 900 Financial Services clients globally with deep domain experience, enhanced service offerings and a reputation for unparalleled, next generation global delivery.
We work with some of the largest banks in the world on a variety of banking transformation engagements, and are engaging with the banking C-Suite in shaping the emerging digital banking agenda. Capgemini Consulting is growing and is seeking to hire a Principal to drive digital transformation in banks.
As a Principal you will be responsible for new business / sell on consulting opportunities in excess of £1.5m per annum. You will play a leadership role in our wider business, helping set the direction, driving forward the business, model our values and behaviours, and coach and develop junior members of the team. Key expectations from this role include:
- Working as part of the Capgemini Consulting Digital leadership team within our business, to ensure the coherence of all of our offerings in this arena.
- Inspiring Banking clients on how to take advantage of the opportunities provided by Digital, helping grow their operating models while leveraging leading, integrated digital approaches and techniques
- Helping clients to optimise banking ‘front office’ capabilities – customer and marketing performance through the implementation (people, process and technology) of advanced marketing capabilities (e.g. Social, Mobile, Analytics, CRM).
- Helping clients to understand how to develop their ‘middle and back office’ capabilities and end to end operating models, by deploying new digital technologies and innovation.
What you’ll bring
You will likely be a leader within a recognised consultancy / agency focused on delivering digital banking advisory and transformation services. In addition, you may have been a senior member of a Marketing team within a Bank. Intellectually capable of developing and holding peer level relationships at all levels of the client’s company.
Specifically you will bring:
- Good existing relationships with Senior Executives of major banks operating in the UK, in particular in the areas responsible for digital strategy, innovation and delivery at various client organisations.
- Experience of defining a digital vision and shaping the digital solutions that deliver a bank’s vision, integrated across channels.
- A deep understanding of end-to-end customer needs, journeys and behaviours and how these are changing (external and internal customer of a bank).
- Experience in Agile design and delivery of Digital and/or IT Solutions and onshore/offshore delivery models would be considered favourably.
- Ability to generate digital enhanced, innovative ideas and conceptual frameworks to help solve problems and drive out insightful recommendations.
- Experience and evidence of thought leadership and a market recognised reputation in the market. You will have a forward thinking view of the opportunity for enhanced digital capabilities in the banking operating model and how they add business value.
You will also require:
- Strong management consulting experience with proven success in Retail & Commercial Banking.
- A proven track record in new business development / account management in major banks across the full sales lifecycle; you will have a personal sales target of circa £1.5m per annum of consulting business.
- Proven ability to be successful in a matrixed organisation and to enlist support and commitment from peers in selling and delivering consulting solutions.
- Credibility and personal impact – being driven, dynamic, tenacious and possessing the will to win and deliver results.
- Versatility and collaborative in style, empathetic in nature, confident in content and focussed on outcomes at all levels in the client organisation.
- A passion to shape, motivate and deliver a digital banking agenda.
WHY JOIN US? What makes Capgemini Consulting unique?
You’ll be free to make your role and your career what you want it to be. Proactivity and ambition flourish at Capgemini Consulting. There are countless opportunities available to propel your development forward: seek out those that suit you, and we will back you all the way. In summary, we believe the following make this a great place to work:
- Show how single minds make for better teams: Work alongside fierce intellects who love to collaborate.
- Be comfortable outside your comfort zone: Self-stretchers thrive in our environment.
- Build momentum in your career: Make your role and your career what you want it to be.
- Stay true to who you are: Play to your strengths and bring your individuality.
- Aim for nothing less than leading edge: We thrive on the knowledge that the Digital work we do has real impact.
- Give your curiosity freedom and focus: A place where inquisitiveness and entrepreneurial thinking are encouraged.
Whilst you will have London as an office base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles may involve periods of time away from home at short notice.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
In order to commence a role with Capgemini UK plc you will be required to provide documentary proof prior to joining the Company that you are entitled to live and work in the UK.