The speed of change is throwing traditional business methods into question and disrupting the relevance of entire industries. Capgemini, a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services, is at the forefront of innovation and well placed to address opportunities for our clients in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company with over 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2020 combined revenues of EUR 15.8 billion. Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Let’s talk about the team:
- Capgemini Engineering Services brings together deep domain expertise to lead the convergence of the physical and digital worlds through technology, engineering, and manufacturing expertise. Consulting, technology, and assets-led solutions enable global companies to unlock the true potential of their product portfolios and manufacturing efficiencies.
Let’s talk about the role and responsibilities:
- This role will be focused on assisting the growth and development of Engineering in Australia and New Zealand.
- The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a dynamic environment and keen to use both technical and functional skills to deliver Information Solutions projects to manufacturing and Industrial environments. Responsible for architecting and positioning solutions based on MOM/MES/IIoT software and services. They will also be capable of supporting sales on opportunities with pricing and technical consulting tasks. A national role where travel is expected.
- Assist with presales activities, not limited to presenting to clients, researching companies, and collating relevant material
- Leading Proof of Concept (PoC) engagements
- Engage with client to understand their pain points and show the value that Engineering solutions can bring to their organisations
- Engage part-time with established project teams and client to ensure delivery expectations are met
- Work with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to collaborate on solution architectures
- Ability to achieve goals aligned to business direction and performance
- Has a continuous improvement mindset
- Good problem-solving skills
- Customer focused attitude
- Self-sufficient worker able to meet commitments and timelines
Technical & Functional Responsibilities:
Applies broad systems engineering knowledge related to implementing Information Technology (IT) and Operational Technology (OT) Solutions in Manufacturing and Industrial environments
Designs and configures Manufacturing Information solutions to meet customer project requirements
Supporting project plans; defines technical delivery scope and supports Project Manager in scope control and estimating technical tasks, effort and ensuring overall quality of the solution
Assist sales pursuits by providing technical support and services estimates
Knowledge of common relational database management systems (RDBMS)
Historian Databases systems
SCADA and HMI Systems
Exposure to common Integration Tools and Transactions (ERP, Automation) using industry preferred tools and technologies (Middleware, JMS, REST Webservices, Camel)
Let’s talk about your qualifications and experience:
- Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES), Manufacturing Operations Management (MOM), Manufacturing Information and Reporting Systems including Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT)
- ERP integration
- Process Control System Integration
- OEE applications
- Interest and experience in Cloud, AI, Analytics, 5G, Edge and Machine Learning
Let’s talk about what’s in it for you!
Passionate people are Capgemini’s Ace of Spades – join us to discover a career that will challenge, support and inspire you. Working at Capgemini you’ll find the rewards are more than just financial. You will work alongside some very smart and inspiring people on exciting projects and you will also enjoy incredible benefits. We offer flexible work practices and 40 hours of self-development every year with a huge selection of learning opportunities to choose from.
As “Architects of Positive Futures”, Capgemini actively supports the community in 3 ways:
Diversity and Inclusion - we believe diversity of thought fuels excellence and innovation, which is why we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified candidates regardless of their gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, ability, intersex status or age. To support our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we celebrate or recognise special events and days of significance that are important to our employees such as Diwali, Bastille Day, Pride, IDAHOBIT, IWD and International day of people with Disabilities. Our Employee Resource Groups Women@Capgemini, OutFront, Indigeneous, Parents and Careers and Sustainability Community of Practice support the grassroots passion of employees to drive our diversity agenda and effect change.
Digital inclusion - at Capgemini we are using our skills to drive social impact initiatives focusing on helping society address the impact of the digital and automation revolution. We also provide employees with opportunities to give back to the community through charity projects and volunteer days.
Environmental Sustainability - Capgemini joined the CDP’s (Carbon Disclosure Project) prestigious “A list” for its commitment to the Net-Zero economy. As well as focusing on helping our clients transform towards more sustainable business models, Capgemini recently announced its commitment to becoming a netzero busines by 2030.
Recognised by Ethisphere as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies for the last 9 years in a row, ethics and values are at the heart of Capgemini’s corporate culture and business. Embedded in our DNA, our seven values – Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty – have remained the same since company inception in 1967. To see how we bring these values to life, visit www.capgemini.com/au-en/careers/ and listen to some of our employee’s stories.
Come join us, bring your whole self to work, create new possibilities for you, your customers and your community and help us to be Architects of Positive Futures.
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.