Job Title: Public Relations/Social Media Manager
Location: New York
The Public Relations/Social Media Manager for the Financial Services SBU works with the Global Director of Communications, Financial Services to develop and implement a clear and effective media relations and social media strategy for global programs that strengthen our reputation in the FS marketplace. S/he will work with colleagues in FS industry marketing (banking and insurance), marketing services and in some cases, FS country marketers to promote our thought leadership, SMEs and key executives. S/he will also work closely with our media relations agency and corporate communications team to support media outreach activities that increase brand visibility, thought leadership promotion and executive positioning.
The position requires strong writing and messaging skills (message maps, talking points, press releases and editing blog posts), experience working with the media, and the ability to collaborate with different stakeholders across our business. We also seek someone who will bring fresh ideas and tactics to engage reporters and social networks.
- Manage media relations activity for global thought leadership, SME and executive leader positioning, awards/recognitions and key alliance partner programs
- Work closely with the PR agency to help ensure targets are exceeded and share of voice is increased compared to key competitors, on time and on budget
- Think and write strategically and creatively about industry issues in a variety of media, including, but not limited to, press releases, briefing documents and blog posts
- Build and foster key relationships with Capgemini SMEs, Group communications and in some cases, the trade media on behalf of Capgemini NA
- Monitor media, competitors and issues that are key to marketing and communications programs
- Measure and analyze qualitative and quantitative media and social media impact, working with the agency and a third-party service
- Act as an advisor to leaders regarding their social media presence and the larger brand presence; assist in training mid-level professionals on effective social media tactics
- Collaborate with country marketers on effective ways/story angles to promote thought leadership and marketing content to enhance campaign effectiveness
- In conjunctive with the digital team, analyze social media effectiveness and recommend, and implement social media improvements
- Own the media and social media editorial calendar and work with key stakeholders/content producers to ensure we have a steady drumbeat of campaign content and executive communications on industry and select personal pages
- Help shape perception of Capgemini’s financial services business as a market leader in digital transformation and technology and consulting services
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, or related field.
- 4-6 years’ experience within PR or related fields.
- Proven track record in driving and creating media relationships and social media programs that result in meaningful results.
- Ability to translate complex messages into compelling stories that will resonate with the media and on social channels.
- Ability to be pragmatic and manage a fluid and sometimes fast-moving workload.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and communicate with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders, including executive leadership.
- Self-starter who can balance multiple priorities simultaneously, able to work to tight deadlines, establish clear priorities and maintain professionalism under pressure.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Knowledge of and experience in FS or the tech consulting industry preferred.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-lawApplicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.