An Overview of the role
Capgemini’s Relaunch Programme is aimed at supporting talented professionals back into the business by providing a tailored 6-month programme to help refresh and update existing skills as well as developing confidence. We understand that you won’t necessarily match every requirement on the job description but will have some relevant previous experience and a wiliness to learn and further develop your skills in this area. If you have had a career break of 1 ½ years or beyond, for whatever reason, we would love to hear from you!
Here at Capgemini our Business and Technology Solutions business unit support our clients through large scale transformations, enabled by brilliant technology solutions. We want the very best for our clients, and we know that the technology we implement can help them achieve great things. This is why we are looking to recruit established and motivated PMO Lead’s to join us and be part of this journey. We are looking for people who love building great relationships with clients, and who naturally engender trust from those they work with. Coming to work with us means using the right change management techniques to guide our clients through a seamless programme of activity which ensures the smooth running of our technology-enabled transformation projects.
Why this role
- As the person responsible for the management of our programme office, you’ll have a handle on all elements of the programme, from project management support and control, risk and issue management and the necessary financial controls.
- You’ll ensure the smooth running of the end to end programme through working flexibly across the following areas:
- Project management support; including change management, risk and issue management, reporting, status tracking, and project reporting. You’ll do all of these using tools such as Clarity & Open Workbench and MS Project.
- Project financial management – tracking of budgets and costs
- Compliance – ensuring that the programme meets the standards we expect within Capgemini
- Provision of standard documents and tools
- A strong track record of successful delivery in PMO roles within an IT and Business Change environment.
- A background in consultancy or professional services delivery would be advantageous though not essential.
- A deep understanding of the impact PMO has on good project and programme management.
- Brilliant communications and interpersonal skills which you’ll use to relate to clients to help them to understand what PMO can offer to them.
- Demonstrable experience in starting up a small PMO or elements of a larger PMO or in rescuing an underperforming PMO.
- Proven capability to lead junior PMO team members and to guide/mentor their development by building supportive and productive team relationships.
- A strong and enduring desire to further your own personal development through studying for ISEB qualifications in PPSO.
While we’re a global consultancy, we’re made up of supportive, close-knit communities. Everyone wants to get the best solutions for our customers and create the best working environment.
Potential is just as important to us as having the required skills. If you have the right mindset, we might be able to provide you with bespoke training. So, if you’re not sure you have all the skills you need, but you’re still passionate about the role, please apply and we’ll see if we can support you.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
See what it’s like to work at Capgemini. Visit:
https://twitter.com/Capgemini and https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Capgemini-Reviews-E3803.htm