An overview of the role
Capgemini’s Relaunch Programme is aimed at supporting talented professionals back into the business by providing a tailored 6-month programme to help refresh and update existing skills as well as developing confidence. We understand that you won’t necessarily match every requirement on the job description but will have some relevant previous experience and a wiliness to learn and further develop your skills in this area. If you have had a career break of 1 ½ years or beyond, for whatever reason, we would love to hear from you!
The PMO Lead is part of a capability of 130+ professionals who provide PMO, Business Operations and Demand Management functions across the Capgemini HMRC Market Unit. As a PMO Lead you will work alongside the Engagement Manager (EM) on a variety of engagements spanning across projects, programmes, portfolios and services. Your analytical skills, combined with excellent stakeholder management and communication will bring control, direction and insight to our engagements.
The PMO Lead will provide the following service offerings on the HMRC Market Unit:
- Responsible for day to day work management of direct report PMO resource
- Responsible for ensuring Capacity Plan is up to date for direct report PMO Resources
- Provide Review support up to VP Level
- Financial exposure analysis
- Management of revenue group management codes
- Reviews & analyses sales pipeline at revenue group level
- Reviews & analyses RAID items at Revenue Group level and supports RAID Management process for the Revenue Group; ensuring compliance with relevant standards.
- Project Planning & Control
- Support the Lead Cluster Lead in reviewing planning progress & conformance across the clusters. Provide cluster level MI of planning data
- Supports the Lead Cluster Lead in reviewing project status reports and providing analysis on trends/key areas to focus on etc.
Quality Management & Governance
- Ensures that the Revenue Group’s governance mechanisms are appropriately implemented in line with Delivery Project Governance Plan; e.g. reviewing cluster level project governance compliance, conducting project health checks, preparing for audit activities etc.
You will have PMO experience and proven Team Leadership with the ability to manage a high performing team, as well as:
• Strong business acumen and a high level of financial management and experience of providing key MI information to support the business
• Excellent stakeholder engagement with the ability to interact, engage, influence and have credibility at all levels
• Confident communication skills and energy
• A passion for change and proactively encouraging new ideas
• Innovative, open minded and progressive in thinking
• Ability to work in complex environments, on large portfolios of work being able to multitask
• Experience in people management and proven ability to nurture and develop individuals
• Competent user of MS Office including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, SharePoint & Outlook.
Achieved/willingness to achieve the following certification:
• Recognised qualifications such as ISEB Programme & Project Support Office (PPSO) Advanced certified or equivalent
Experience/willingness to learn the following:
• Project Management methodologies and associated tools
While we’re a global consultancy, we’re made up of supportive, close-knit communities. Everyone wants to get the best solutions for our customers and create the best working environment.
We have a world class software engineering community; we invest in doing things right and have plenty to say on the subject. We’re active on social media and for those that want to find out more, take a look at our blogs – written by engineers, for engineers: http://capgemini.github.io/
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Discover more about what Capgemini can offer you. Visit:
https://twitter.com/Capgemini and https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Capgemini-Reviews-E3803.htm