Position Type: Full Time<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = “urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office” />
Job Location: NYC, NY
The ideal candidate for this position will have at least 8 years of program management office (PMO) operations with an ability to think tactically as well as strategically while leading cross functional teams in a matrixed environment. The primary goal of this candidate is to achieve benefits from standardizing and following project management policies, processes and methods to be leveraged by multiple project/product owners. The candidate should have the ability to provide a decision support information in order for stakeholders (including executives) to make appropriate decisions. The candidate should also have the ability to underpin the project delivery mechanisms ensuring that all business change in an organization is managed in a controlled way.
· Governance: ensuring that communication to different stakeholders (including senior management) & decisions are taken by the right people , based on the right information presented. The governance role can also include audit or peer reviews, developing project and program structures and ensuring accountability.
· Transparency: providing information with a single source of the truth. Information should be relevant and accurate to support effective decision-making by stakeholders (including senior management).
· Reusability: stopping project teams from reinventing the wheel by being a central point for lessons learned, templates and best practice.
· Delivery support: making it easy for project teams to do their jobs by reducing bureaucracy, providing training, mentoring and quality assurance.
· Traceability: providing the function for managing documentation, project history and organizational knowledge.
· Gathering data about project progress and producing reports
· Developing standards and processes
· Encouraging (or enforcing where necessary) the use of those standards and processes
· Managing resources for projects
· Delivering training and mentoring project team members
· Managing dependencies across multiple projects
· Tracking benefits
· Reporting on financial information such as return on investment.
· Superior verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences.
· Experience in working with agile lifecycle and/or tracking and process management tools, e.g. JIRA
· Identify and analyze opportunities and make tactical/strategic recommendations
· Hands on project management approach that includes a proven track record of project/program execution
· Financial services industry experience (especially in security and risk) preferred
Disclaimer: Capgemini Financial Services and its U.S. affiliates are EEO/AA employers. Capgemini conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era, special disabled and other covered veteran status.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant : http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law