The job on offer
Ever wondered what it’s like to work at a start-up? Or what it’s like to work at a product company? Interested in experiencing the global nature of Capgemini firsthand from your desk? Or having the opportunity to travel to places like the USA, Sweden, Germany, Poland, Ireland, France, India, China etc. like others on our team did pre-Covid? If the answer to any of these questions is “Yes!” then an opportunity within the Capgemini Cloud Platform team may be for you.
Our primary goal is to build and sell a portfolio of ready-2-go cloud native solutions to Capgemini clients around the globe. We rely heavily on our technical excellence and being ahead of the market but have allied this with a fantastic commercial, marketing, pre-sales, consultancy and operations team that all good start-ups require. Our goal is not solving a specific problem for one client, but creating polished solutions that work as an integrated whole for the benefit of lots of customers in the following technical fields:
- Containerisation/Serverless including functions, Kubernetes and DevSecOps tooling
- API Management, Microservices, Messaging & Event-Driven Architecture
- Cloud Native Solutions
- Identity & Access Management
- Application Lifecycle Management & DevSecOps
- Contact Centres
Due to ongoing success, we are looking to recruit Platform Engineers and Software Engineers who are hands-on, energetic and enthusiastic to join our like-minded team of engineers. Our solutions need to run in multiple cloud environments, to date we have delivered and run platforms on AWS, Azure and Google Cloud. Our solutions major on Cloud Native and Open Source but we also have a few key strategic partnerships with commercial software companies.
- Your primary role will be to understand the market, influence the roadmap and then design, deliver and maintain new and existing cloud platform solutions with a strong focus on security, quality and DevSecOps practices.
- New features planned in the near term include strengthening our Kubernetes and OpenShift offerings with additional add-ons around Runtime Security, HashiCorp Vault as a Service, Stateful Payload Replication, Managed Kafka and Service Mesh.
- Short-term, occasional travel throughout the UK and internationally may be required. A blend of remote and office working is a possibility for this role.
We’re looking for bright, curious, entrepreneurial people who take initiative and are willing to learn. You’ll have:
- Passion to be a part of a cutting-edge team that challenges the status quo
- Good understanding of operating in a DevSecOps environment
- A can-do attitude and team player, someone who will do what it takes to deliver a great service
- Consulting skills that include; strong communications skills ability to influence and coach others, excellent team working skills, client facing skills, problem solving and creativity skills, eagerness to learn, drive and energy
As well as this is would be desirable to have:
- Experience of Auto-Provisioning Technologies e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform and Puppet/Ansible.
- Knowledge of one or more Cloud Computing Providers: AWS, Azure, Google
- Experience of Cloud Infrastructure Technologies: Networks, Security, Bash, Ruby and Linux.
- Knowledge of Software Engineering Design Patterns and Software Engineering Practices
Why Capgemini is unique
Capgemini offers the opportunity to shape your career path, based on your interests and ambitions. For example, if you want to become a ‘People Manager’ Connected Manager learning journey is there for you. If you want to become an ‘Architect’ our Global Architect Community offerings can help you get there.
We aim to build an environment where employees can enjoy a positive work-life balance. Through our New Normal campaign, we are looking to embed hybrid working in all that we do and make flexible working arrangements the day-to-day reality for our people. All UK employees are eligible to request flexible working arrangements.
Get the future you want
Growing clients’ businesses while building a more sustainable, more inclusive future is a tough ask. But when you join Capgemini, you join a thriving company and become part of a diverse collective of free-thinkers, entrepreneurs and industry experts. A powerful source of energy that drives us all to find new ways technology can help us reimagine what’s possible. It’s why, together, we seek out opportunities that will transform the world’s leading businesses. And it’s how you’ll gain the experiences and connections you need to shape your future. By learning from each other every day, sharing knowledge and always pushing yourself to do better, you’ll build the skills you want. And you’ll use them to help our clients leverage technology to grow their business and give innovation that human touch the world needs. So, it might not always be easy, but making the world a better place rarely is. Capgemini. Get The Future You Want.
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 300,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50 year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fueled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion.