Telford / Aston (Birmingham)
Some wider UK mobility may be required.
Successful candidates must be willing to undergo SC level Security Clearance.
The UK Government is one of the most digitally advanced in the world recently coming top of the 2016 United Nations E-Government and E-Procurement surveys. Despite the progress, citizens feel that the country works for those who govern and not for citizens themselves. People want a more responsive state, they want change and they want it at pace and at scale. In response to those challenges, UK government has a bold IT vision based on user centric design, Agile development, open source software, continuous delivery, infrastructure automation, cloud computing and a DevOps culture. What it needs is partner organisations to help put this vision into practice. Capgemini are one of those partners, and we need people like you.
Capgemini are looking for passionate and energetic Platform/DevOps Engineers to work as part of an agile team to help clients build and continuously improve digital services using the best of open source software. We’re looking for Engineers that aren’t afraid to roll up their sleeves and get stuck-in. You should learn quickly and love a challenge. Join us and help grow our already large and strong community of digital specialists, share ideas and innovate. You’ll be surrounded by some amazing people and working in one of the best cultures that you can find.
- We are looking for experienced Platform/DevOps Engineers with an appetite to extend their knowledge and apply new skills rapidly on challenging projects.
- You’ll bring a broad range of experience in modern open source stacks, so don’t worry if you haven’t got strong experience in every skill listed below.
- Appetite for learning new technologies
- Experience debugging complex, multi-server service in a high availability production environment.
- Extremely sound knowledge of GNU/Linux.
- Experience of building infrastructure in AWS using Terraform
- Knowledge and experience of setting up and using configuration management tooling – Puppet preferred.
- Reasonable fluency in at least one of: Ruby, Go, Python
- Strong Understanding of CI environments and how they facilitate the automation process with other orchestration tools.
- Ability to converse with both internal and external stakeholders, holding the appropriate level of conversation at all times
- We are a Technically led unit with a flat structure where the views of all colleagues are valid and encouraged.
- We are passionate about learning and development, supporting engineers in learning new technologies via the likes of Pluralsight, Linux Academy, acloud.guru, Linux Foundation, classroom based training and hands-on experience through initiatives such as our TechHubs, TechChallenges, Demos and Innovation weeks.
- We are continuing our focus on learning and development throughout 2020 – and will be sponsoring a large number of engineers through AWS, Azure, Docker and Kubernetes training and certification.
- We have close ties with vendors and have collaborated on work with Docker, AWS, Microsoft, Elastic, Splunk, Fortinet and Portworx.
- We are active participants in the DevOps global network with colleagues presenting and attending at national and international conferences and meetups.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
See what it’s like to work at Capgemini. Visit:
https://twitter.com/Capgemini and https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Capgemini-Reviews-E3803.htm