Architect required to join the Architects Group on the Capgemini HMRC Account. The applicants must have a strong project delivery background.
Main Purpose Of Role
Oversight of Architectural solutions as developed in individual projects or as a large delivery project, taking responsibility for ensuring that the technical solution is delivered as originally defined.
• Leadership of a technical team to deliver pieces of work as part of our Platform Operations team
• Responsible for defining, delivering and governing the technical scope of work. Work closely with the PM early in the project to scope work, effectively cascading that onto any stream or joint team members. Successfully manages to the agreed technical scope during the project
• Ownership of architectural solutions to ensure adherence to Architecture Governance processes, adherence to policy, best practices and consistency with architecture vision
• Early involvement in reviewing and scoping of Cloud Infrastructure projects for feasibility of delivery
• Provision of Technical Governance to Cloud Infrastructure Projects and solutions ensuring a consistent approach to technical solutions
Skills and Experience
Applicant requires 5-10 years experience working with complex Infrastructure & Platform solutions with a number of years experience of Architecture delivery in a mixed platform, multi-tiered environment covering both on premise and cloud environments. End to End Delivery experience is essential from initial shaping of the solution through design and delivery.
Experience must include a number of the following solution and technology areas :
• Replatforming Application services onto virtual platforms including migration & cutover, performance and operational considerations
• Delivery considerations in cloud based environments (private, public & hybrid)
• Platform skills – Linux, Solaris, AIX, Power-HA, Windows Server
• Experience of working on at least one of the Hyperscale cloud providers
• Application platform – Opensource and Oracle middleware experience preferred
• Enabling and Service Management infrastructure experience
• Broad based technical background exposure in application and infrastructure including networking technologies, load-balancers, firewalls, security tooling
• Understanding of security Architecture and compliance with security policies and processes
The applicant must be able to discuss and give examples of the following:
• Able to set direction, technical scope and to lead a small team of technical individuals and manage their technical deliverables
• Excellent communication, influencing and facilitation skills, in particular problem solving/trouble shooting activities
• Both assertiveness and empathy in dealing with people at all levels within and outside of the delivery organisation, including partners and suppliers
• Issue management, prioritisation and ability to provide pragmatic solutions which are consistent with longer term strategy
• Team working – able to work closely with interdependent projects and deliveries
• Good leadership and customer relationship skills
• Proactive and positive attitude
• Able to demonstrate resilience, flexibility and able to adapt to changing schedules and priorities
• Ability to deliver under pressure
• Self motivated and determined to succeed
• Demonstrates subject matter expertise in own area and can apply it effectively and is able to apply logic across the board
• Keen to learn proactively and naturally curious / inquisitive.
• Adds personal value: Drives the team to deliver results. Looks to exceed client expectations
• Clear thinking and creative flair
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.