Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50 year heritage and industry specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.
Role: Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF)/ Java Developer
Location: Toronto, ON.
Type: Full time Permanent with benefits
You will work for the Core Banking Integration, Retail Credit Payments team, delivering services to resolve technical and business system needs and working closely with various partners across IT and business. Our technology stack is composed of Java, Spring APIs and micro services deployed to the cloud using Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) and OpenShift, as well as some middleware technologies such as WebSphere Message Broker (WMB), IBM Integration Bus (IIB), Operational Decision Manager (ODM) and others.
You will be involved in all aspects of the development process from code design to production in a largely Agile environment, leveraging modern automation for deployments CI/CD and monitoring SRE.We are looking for team players with a passion for building quality solutions and solving business problems through efficient software engineering.
What will you do?
- Design code and document applications and services in small to large projects.
- Integrate different technologies at various levels leveraging REST integrations and event messaging technologies.
- Write and maintain unit and system tests assist our QA team in integration tests and assist our Production Support team to troubleshoot issues.
- Analyze business and system needs exploring alternative options to recommend efficient designs and technology solutions, taking into account component reusability, data sharing and security.
What do you need to succeed?
- Must have 7 years of experience in an application development role with a proven track record of delivering maintainable quality solutions.
- Experience with modern Java development with the Spring framework.
- Experience with Cloud platforms PCF, OpenShift.
- Experience with application security involving TLS, 2waySSL, HTTPS certificates.
- Knowledge of correlated technologies such as REST, JDBC, SOAP, JMS, XML, JSON, HTTP, SQL and others.
- Knowledge of server operating systems Linux, Windows and networking experience.
- Understanding of DevOps automated Build Deploy processes and Agile.
- Nice to have Knowledge of other correlated technologies such as Kafka, NiFi, Groovy, Python, Maven, Elastic stack, Logstash, Kibana, ElasticSearch.
- Knowledge of other middleware technologies MQSeries, WebSphere Message Broker (WMB) IBM Integration Bus (IIB), IBM Operational Decision Manager (ODM).
- Knowledge of federated authentication PingFed, Active Directory.
- Knowledge of deployment platforms such as Jenkins, Nexus and IBM Urban Code, Deployment UCD.
What we offer
Your career matters to you and is important to us too. Because your goals and needs are constantly evolving, we offer visibility, leeway and support to help you grow and progress in your career. This approach builds notably on our comprehensive competency framework, our personal development, training and career management programs, and our University innovative and business-focused learning curriculums.
We promote a culture of diversity. We believe working with talented individuals from different backgrounds and points of view is a strategic advantage and an ongoing opportunity. Diversity enriches our creative solutions and adds value for our clients.
With the digital tech sector growing at a rapid pace and women significantly underrepresented in the industry, we are determined to inspire and recruit more women into technology and build diverse teams that reflect the clients we serve.
Our Shared values have been at the heart of the group since our formation. They are honesty, boldness, trust, freedom, team spirit, modesty and fun. These values influence the way we meet client needs while respecting the regulatory requirements of each country in which we operate, and the way we promote ethically sound practices within Capgemini and in our partnerships.
Capgemini is committed to building a workforce of employees with diverse backgrounds and work experiences. We strongly encourage women, veterans and active military service personnel to apply.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law.