An overview of the role
Capgemini work with some of the world’s largest brands, in some of the most interesting and complex projects posed in modern IT. The Pega Delivery Unit is one of the fastest growing areas within Capgemini UK and focuses on helping our clients achieve business value through using Pega.
Capgemini are accelerating their strategic partnership with Pega in the UK and our aim is simple, to double our business with Pega this year through of quality and value.
As the Pega Lead Solution Architect, you will play a pivotal role in building our team and solutions we provide our customers. Your role is about creating value through problem solving. You’ll lead the team of solution architects both on shore and via our distributed service teams to design Pega based solutions and work as part of the team to scope projects and programmes involving Pega.
We are looking for the highest-calibre individuals who exhibit a range attributes, skills and experience, enabling them to deliver rapid value to our clients by Architecting and delivering Pega platforms utilising complex integration patterns, across the suite of products.
You’ll be responsible for leading all aspects of architecture and design for Capgemini clients that want to gain value from their investment in Pega. Working closely with customers, you will:
- Lead the design and documentation of client Pega solutions from concept to post implementation review:
- Taking accountability for configuration and build effort estimates
- Documenting business requirements / user stories, project specifications, software design, implementation approach, testing, release and deployment, user training needs, production support and maintenance arrangements.
- Understanding the customer's current opportunities and challenges and leading the customer through solution visioning, taking full responsibility for the delivery of the solution
- Work closely with customer stakeholders across business and technical streams and provide expertise for solving complex business/technical requirements
- Have a strong understanding of the wider technical environment and implications of design decisions whilst designing solutions for reuse.
- Identify and lead where there are opportunities to distil best practice and create accelerators that can be re-used to benefit our customers.
- Be a Pega ambassador to Capgemini and to the marketplace
- Educate Capgemini and customer stakeholders on the Capgemini/Pega joint value proposition
- Provide Pega thought leadership to Capgemini and customer stakeholders
- Support the creation and maintenance of the Capgemini UK Pega go-to-market plan
- Support Pega sales activities by:
- Proposing and designing Capgemini solutions that embed Pega to address customer needs
- Understanding of the broader Capgemini portfolio and the ability to accurately position Pega solutions within it
- Support Capgemini account teams in the creation of Pega RFI/RFP responses
- Support and/or deliver Pega POCs and demos
- Present/Demonstrate Pega solutions, POCs and demos to internal and external customers
- Build customer relationships for qualified Pega opportunities
- Support partner relationships to support sales and delivery cycles
- Participate in Pega community events
- Expert skills in PEGA delivery with training and certification as a CLSA, CSSA plus solid experience in PEGA development including:
- Proven experience designing and implementing high quality Pega solutions that follow best practice design patterns and guardrails
- Hands on experience in OOAD/Technical Architecture definition
- Pega implementation experience for Case management, BPM, Customer Engagement and/or Customer Decision Hub or Pega Marketing solutions
- Thorough understanding of Pega rule types, user interfaces, and correspondence features
- Hands-on experience integrating Pega to third party systems using Pega’s integration wizards e.g. REST, SOAP, SQL JMS and HTTP
- Experience using Pega pre-flight and debugging tools including SMA, DB Trace, PEGA Log Analyser, AES etc
- Good knowledge of the latest and legacy release features of Pega from version 5.x
- Have broad demonstrable implementation experience, including:
- Leading development activity and working with Off Shore Teams
- Estimating, documenting, and presenting development options. (e.g. Proposals, RFP’s, SoW’s etc)
- Customer / End Client facing experience supporting business development activities
- Project planning, scheduling, identifying and resolving risks/issues
- Performance tuning and optimizing for PEGA implementations
- Experience in delivering Pega using agile and iterative implementation methodologies
- Agile project and development environments e.g. SAFe, DSDM, Scrumaster, Kanban
- Integrating development delivery into client DevOps environments
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills when engaging with customers, partners and internal stakeholders of varying technical maturity and level of seniority (e.g. from business SMEs to CxO)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to understand complex customer business challenges and how to apply technical solutions to them
- Capability to identify and address solution challenges and weaknesses
- Ability to assess and understand the competitive landscape for any given opportunity and adapt solutions and proposals to address them
- Dynamic, proactive and self-motivated individual that has the agility and flexibility to drive and support Pega opportunities and pipeline
- Self-motivated to be an active member of the wider Pega presales community
While we’re a global consultancy, we’re made up of supportive, close-knit communities. Everyone wants to get the best solutions for our customers and create the best working environment.
Potential is just as important to us as having the required skills. If you have the right mindset, we might be able to provide you with bespoke training. So if you’re not sure you have all the skills you need, but you’re still passionate about the role, please apply and we’ll see if we can support you.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.