An overview of the role
You will take a hands-on role on our complex Oracle Cloud implementations, working with a mixture of Oracle’s PaaS products, open source technologies and products from other vendors from all market areas. Focus will be on detailed design and subsequent implementation of Modern applications and cloud-based integration within the Oracle Cloud.
- You will operate as a senior developer in the design and implementation of PaaS solutions. There may be a particular focus on designing and building the following components to front and integrate core Oracle Cloud applications both internally within the Oracle Cloud, externally with other cloud providers and also to on-premises technology:
- Cloud-based integrations (primarily using Oracle Integration Cloud)
- You will evangelise on the significance and benefits of the PaaS portfolio in which your specialisation resides.
- You will be required to work with modern open source or third-party solutions on occasion.
- You will work alongside Subject Matter Experts from our functional team to deliver solutions which meet the complex needs and requirements of our clients. In addition, you will work with other teams and architects in shaping best practices and frameworks that can accelerate and improve the quality and efficiencies of our deliveries
- You will continue to develop your expertise in the Capgemini UK Oracle practice in one or more specific technologies, with the opportunity to progress to integration SME roles and beyond into architecture or project management.
- You will stay up to date with market new Oracle trends in technologies & solutions and incorporate them (when/if applicable) into our solution frameworks.
Why this role?
Oracle’s aggressive Cloud strategy and growth means that several new PaaS capabilities are now available which are creating a breadth of new opportunities with our Clients to take their current IT Systems to the Digital & Cloud market. API Management, Cloud-based integration, Microservices and Modern Application Frameworks all are at the heart of this digital transformation revolution and Oracle is investing heavily in making sure that their PaaS offerings covers such capabilities and more.
As one of the largest Independent Oracle Consulting Practice in the UK, Capgemini is at the forefront of delivering these innovative solutions and we understand that core to our Clients requirements is the ability for our Consultants to articulate these leading-edge IT solutions to resolve their complex business and technical problems. As such, we are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Oracle PaaS integration developer to work within a team of highly skilled consultants and positively drive and enable our deliveries.
We recognise that the modern Oracle PaaS landscape spans an array of skillsets. Whilst the below outlines those key skills sets at a high level, it is not necessary that you have a background which contains experience in all that is listed. We are looking to expand our knowledgeable and versatile team, so, we would love to speak to you if either your background is either in traditional or Cloud-based Oracle implementation or in API/Microservices/User Interface development.
A proven track record of implementing cloud-based integrations with particular focus on integration within the Oracle cloud, between cloud vendors and also to 3rd party or on-premises applications. Knowledge and experience with Oracle Integration Cloud is preferred.
Strong experience of using source code repositories (primarily git) and knowledge of git strategies.
A strong candidate may have an Oracle eBusiness Suite background with recent cloud experience (e.g, SQL/PLSQL/Java/OAF/BI/Forms/Reports.
Knowledge and experience in implementation of Oracle eBusiness Suite and/or SOA
- Proven experience and understanding of Oracle functional concepts, such as HCM and finance modules is desirable.
- Awareness of end-to-end project delivery and the associated implementation methodologies
- Good communication skills and experience with distributed delivery (off-shore/on-shore project delivery)
- The ability to build productive relationships with clients and colleagues alike.
- Passion and a genuine interest for new Oracle PaaS based technologies and products.
While we’re a global consultancy, we’re made up of supportive, close-knit communities. Everyone wants to get the best solutions for our customers and create the best working environment.
Learning and development
There’s an endless amount to learn at Capgemini, and an endless number of ways to do so. So, you’ll also have unique training opportunities to take advantage of. Some of our consultants even have the chance to go to Les Fontaine (near Paris, France), where we host a conference. Outside of dedicated training, everyone makes time to help and support one another – collaboration is encouraged across all of our teams.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.