Any UK base
You will take a leading role on our complex Oracle Cloud implementations, working with SaaS, PaaS and IaaS components from across the Oracle portfolio in addition to incorporating open source technologies, cloud-native approaches (APIs, microservices, modern applications) and products from other cloud vendors where suitable and relevant. In addition, you will be expected to give direction and derive robust architecture designs to meet the needs of our customer’s business requirements. The role may also encompass supporting pre-sales activities and the generation of go-to-market strategies across our UK business.
• You will operate as a lead architect on the adoption, design and implementation of PaaS solutions with a particular focus large scale Oracle SaaS/PaaS/IaaS implementations and API/Microservice/Front-end architecture.
• You will provide pre-Sales support by articulating the architectural significant and benefits of the Oracle PaaS and IaaS portfolio
• Become a key contributor and advocate or API management tools and methodology and drive a cloud-native approach in building our technology solutions
• You will have the opportunity to work with Oracle UK and our wider Capgemini teams to develop a pipeline of PaaS business as either a standalone initiative or as part of wider Oracle-centric offerings.
• You may also be responsible for communicating an implementation approach and design methodology to an offshore development team
• You will stay up to date with market new Oracle trends in technologies & solutions and incorporate them (when/if applicable) into our solution frameworks and architectural designs
Oracle’s aggressive Cloud strategy and growth means that several new PaaS capabilities are now available which are creating a breadth of new opportunities with our Clients to take their current IT Systems to the Digital & Cloud market. API Management, Cloud-based integration, Microservices and Modern Application Frameworks all are at the heart of this digital transformation revolution and Oracle is investing heavily in making sure that their PaaS offerings covers such capabilities and more.
As one of the largest Independent Oracle Consulting Practice in the UK, Capgemini is at the forefront of delivering these innovative solutions and we understand that core to our Clients requirements is the ability for our Consultants to articulate these leading-edge IT solutions to resolve their complex business and technical problems. As such, we are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Oracle PaaS integration developer to work within a team of highly skilled consultants and positively drive and enable our deliveries.
We recognise that the modern Oracle PaaS landscape spans an array of skillsets. Whilst the below outlines those key skills sets at a high level, it is not necessary that you have a background which contains experience in all that is listed. We are looking to expand our knowledgeable and versatile team, so, we would love to speak to you if either your background is either in traditional or Cloud-based Oracle implementation or in API/Microservices/User Interface architecture.
However, in this Integration Architect role, it is important that you bring flexibility in your architectural designs and approaches.
• Experience and a proven track record of leading and implementing large scale Oracle PaaS solutions with architectural knowledge and understanding across the full Oracle PaaS portfolio. (Oracle API Platform, Oracle Integration Cloud, Oracle Container Engine, etc)
• Knowledge and experience of Oracle SaaS solutions (ERP or HCM cloud) from a technical perspective is preferred but not essential
• Knowledge and experience in implementation of Oracle eBusiness Suite and/or SOA
• Experience of cloud-native architectural design, incorporating APIs & Microservices, DevOps and robust CI/CD pipelines where applicable.
• Strong communication skills and experience with distributed delivery (off-shore/on-shore project delivery)
• Ability to build productive client relationships and identify & develop opportunities for new business.
• Passion and a genuine interest for new Oracle PaaS based technologies and products.
While we’re a global consultancy, we’re made up of supportive, close-knit communities. Everyone wants to get the best solutions for our customers and create the best working environment.
There’s an endless amount to learn at Capgemini, and an endless number of ways to do so. So, you’ll also have unique training opportunities to take advantage of. Some of our consultants even have the chance to go to Les Fontaine (near Paris, France), where we host a conference. Outside of dedicated training, everyone makes time to help and support one another – collaboration is encouraged across all of our teams.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
This role is open to applications through our Relaunch@Capgemini programme for individuals who have been on a Career Break of between 2 and 10 years. We understand that you won’t necessarily match every requirement on the job description but please do apply for the vacancy that best meets your area of expertise. Further details on the programme can be found at https://www.capgemini.com/gb-en/careers/relaunchcapgemini/”