Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Oracle’s aggressive Cloud strategy and growth means that several new PaaS capabilities are now available which are creating a breadth of new opportunities with our Clients to take their current IT Systems to the Digital & Cloud market. API Management, Cloud-based integration, Microservices and Modern (Reactive) Application Frameworks (based on open source technologies but with strong emphasis on Java EE and Java Springboot) all are at the heart of this digital transformation revolution and Oracle is investing heavily in making sure that their PaaS offerings covers such capabilities and more.
As one of the largest Independent Oracle Consulting Practice in the UK, Capgemini is at the forefront of delivering these innovative solutions and we understand that core to our Clients requirements is the ability for our Consultants to articulate these leading-edge IT solutions to resolve their complex business and technical problems. As such, we are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Oracle PaaS integration architect to work within a team of highly skilled consultants and positively drive and enable our deliveries.
You will take a leading role on our complex Oracle Cloud implementations, working with SaaS, PaaS and IaaS components from across the Oracle portfolio in addition to incorporating open source technologies, cloud-native approaches (APIs, microservices, modern applications) and products from other cloud vendors where suitable and relevant. In addition, you will be expected to give direction and derive robust architecture designs to meet the needs of our customer’s business requirements. The role may also encompass supporting pre-sales activities and the generation of go-to-market strategies across our UK business.
- You will operate as a lead architect on the adoption, design and implementation of PaaS solutions with a particular focus large scale Oracle SaaS/PaaS/IaaS implementations and API/Microservice/Front-end architecture.
- You will provide pre-Sales support by articulating the architectural significant and benefits of the Oracle PaaS and IaaS portfolio
- Become a key contributor and advocate or API management tools and methodology and drive a cloud-native approach in building our technology solutions
- You will have the opportunity to work with Oracle UK and our wider Capgemini teams to develop a pipeline of PaaS business as either a standalone initiative or as part of wider Oracle-centric offerings.
- You may also be responsible for communicating an implementation approach and design methodology to an offshore development team
- You will stay up to date with market new Oracle trends in technologies & solutions and incorporate them (when/if applicable) into our solution frameworks and architectural designs
- Experience of cloud-native architectural design, incorporating APIs & Microservices, DevOps and robust CI/CD pipelines where applicable
- Experience and a proven track record of leading and implementing large scale Oracle PaaS solutions with architectural knowledge and understanding across the full Oracle PaaS portfolio. (Oracle API Platform, Oracle Integration Cloud, Oracle Container Engine, etc)
- Knowledge and experience of Oracle SaaS solutions (ERP or HCM cloud) from a technical perspective is preferred but not essential
- Strong communication skills and experience with distributed delivery (off-shore/on-shore project delivery)
- Ability to build productive client relationships and identify & develop opportunities for new business.
- Passion and a genuine interest for new Oracle PaaS based technologies and products
Capgemini will offer you professional development and accelerated career progression. We operate an environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini, and although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often ground-breaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini is proud to represent nearly 130 nationalities and its cultural diversity. Our holistic definition of diversity extends beyond gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, race, age and religion. Capgemini views diversity as everything that makes us who we are as an organization, including our social background, our experiences in life and work, our communication styles and even our personality. These dimensions contribute to the type of diversity we value the most: diversity of thought. As such, we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best consultants to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that working full-time isn’t necessarily right for everyone. So, we’d love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role and would like to work flexibly. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.