The speed of change is throwing traditional business methods into question and disrupting the relevance of entire industries. Capgemini, a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services, is at the forefront of innovation and well placed to address opportunities for our clients in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company with over 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of EUR 17 billion. Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Let’s talk about the team:
At Capgemini, we believe in going on transformation journeys together. We collaborate closely with both clients and colleagues across various disciplines to deliver world class solutions. Our Oracle team seeks enthusiastic, talented individuals to join. Ideally, you are the kind of person who is excited about implementing Oracle’s modern Cloud applications, someone who enjoys designing and building solutions that will help our customers optimise their ways of working. You are a person that understands the benefits that Oracle Cloud offers businesses, these benefits include the modern and intuitive user interface and the inherent mobility, AI, and reporting capabilities of the platform. You work well with others and understand that the optimum way of working almost always emerges through exchanging ideas. You are also keen to learn from others and share your learnings, through the articles, news and podcasts we consume, the documentation we create, and the stories we share, so that the team grows together. We believe that there’s very little in the way of just doing it when it comes to experimenting with new technology; not only are you encouraged to explore your interests, develop new skills but you will also have access to our global and partner training materials, and you will be supported to get industry certifications.
We allocate enough time to develop new and relevant Oracle skills by providing access to Oracle learning portals and materials. We challenge all our Oracle resources to achieve and maintain Oracle certifications. In addition, we encourage our resources to grow more broadly by undertaking training and certifications in disciplines such as Core Consulting, SAFe Agile, DevOps and Project Management. This gives us the required expertise that our clients expect from us. We also encourage people to document the work achieved in their previous projects, provide feedback on the challenges they faced and present it to the team. We believe it makes everyone grow.
Our Oracle team focuses also on individual flourishment, so we organize on a monthly basis practice and capability catchups where we share information, experiences and celebrate successes.
Let’s talk about the role and responsibilities:
- A key emphasis for us is on implementing solutions that make a difference by ensuring the delivery of quantifiable benefits to the client and you will provide advice and guidance to our customers on the process improvements and efficiencies that can be realised through the technical implementation on Oracle Fusion Middleware (SOA Suite, Service Bus and API Gateway).
- To achieve this, you will need to work closely with the client SMEs and stakeholders and engage in various activities such as
- You will be responsible for a broad range of implementation activities including Development, technical configuration, documentation and unit testing of Oracle Fusion Middleware technical components and testing support, production go-live, hyper-care and transition to the support organisation.
- You will also occasionally be required to provide support to pre-sales activities including the Oracle Fusion Middleware and Oracle Integration Cloud implementation and upgrade, performing requirements fit / gap analysis, providing system demonstrations and advising on resourcing requirements for planning and estimating purposes.
- Design develop and support integrations and web services on Oracle SOA Suite and Oracle Service Bus.
- Build and support APIs on Oracle API Gateway.
- Integrate with various client and third party systems using technology and application adapters.
- Develop high level design and technical specifications aligned to defined requirements and functional specifications
- Adhere to client’s documented development process and standards for Oracle Fusion Middleware development
- Prepare deployment instructions for technical components and support the change migration activities if required
- Support testing activities e.g. defect resolution
- Clarify requirements with functional analyst or other team members when necessary
- Conduct peer reviews for other development works
- Document code changes in an easy and maintainable manner
- Perform unit testing for code changes, including the automation of unit testing
- Design, code, test and document Oracle ERP based technical solutions and integrations
- Recommend innovative solutions to improve efficiency of existing or proposed solutions
Let’s talk about your qualifications and experience:
We are looking for a talented, motivated, enthusiastic certified Oracle Fusion Middleware Technical Consultant, with a strong background and understanding of SOA Suite, Service Bus and API Gateway to join a high performing team.
- Australian resident who is based in Canberra with a baseline security clearance as a minimum.
- Demonstrable team spirit: a willingness to collaborate, learn and teach others
- Self-motivated and passionate about Integration technologies.
- Stays relevant by maintaining knowledge of modern Integration architecture, design, processes and practices.
- One or more relevant Oracle Fusion Middleware certifications is strongly desired
- 7+ Years of Oracle Fusion Middleware project implementation and/or production support experience in SOA Suite and Service Bus.
- Strong experience in API Gateway or similar technologies.
- Strong experience in XML technologies XML, XSD, XSLT, XPath and Web Services, REST, SOAP, WSDL and messaging technologies like JMS, MQ. Also experience in security standards used with web services.
- Should have worked extensively on all the Technology Adapters & atleast 1 packaged adapter.
- Should have good knowledge of Oracle SOA & Oracle AIA design patterns & Performance Tuning parameters.
- Strong understanding of Weblogic server configurations for SOA Suite and OSB.
- Good to have knowledge on integration with Oracle E-Business Suite, Siebel and similar applications.
- Good to have exposure to Agile development, CI/CD and DevOps.
- Good to have exposure to creation of reusable assets, frameworks and solution packs.
- Strong, Fluent and confident communication skills.
- Should be able to communicate with offshore teams.
Let’s talk about what’s in it for you!
Passionate people are Capgemini’s Ace of Spades – join us to discover a career that will challenge, support and inspire you. Working at Capgemini you’ll find the rewards are more than just financial. You will work alongside some very smart and inspiring people on exciting projects and you will also enjoy incredible benefits. We offer flexible work practices and 40 hours of self-development every year with a huge selection of learning opportunities to choose from.
As “Architects of Positive Futures”, Capgemini actively supports the community in 3 ways:
Diversity and Inclusion - we believe diversity of thought fuels excellence and innovation, which is why we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified candidates regardless of their gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, ability, intersex status or age. To support our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we celebrate special events and days of significance that are important to our employees such as Diwali, Bastille Day, Pride, IDAHOBIT, IWD and International day of people with Disabilities. Our Employee Resource Groups Women@Capgemini and OutFront support the grassroots passion of employees to drive our diversity agenda and effect change.
Digital inclusion - at Capgemini we are using our skills to drive social impact initiatives focusing on helping society address the impact of the digital and automation revolution. We also provide employees with opportunities to give back to the community through charity projects and volunteer days.
Environmental Sustainability - Capgemini joined the CDP’s (Carbon Disclosure Project) prestigious “A list” for its commitment to the Net-Zero economy. We are focusing on helping our clients transform towards more sustainable business models and committing to reduce our own carbon emissions (GHG) by 20% per employee by 2020.
Recognised by Ethisphere as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies for the last 8 years in a row, ethics and values are at the heart of Capgemini’s corporate culture and business. Embedded in our DNA, our seven values – Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty – have remained the same since company inception in 1967. To see how we bring these values to life, click here to listen to some of our employee’s stories.
Come join us, bring your whole self to work, create new possibilities for you, your customers and your community and help us to be Architects of Positive Futures.
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.