An Overview for the Role
You’ll be supporting our client with their Oracle Application as an Oracle Financials Lead Functional Analyst. You will be expected to support our client from a Capgemini secure location and when required the client site in Cheltenham. You will be expected to be able to assist Capgemini’s client with answering queries, resolving issues and incidents, and providing best practice where required. You will also be expected to work on requests for changes and enhancements.
A client that requires specialist and secure support for their Financials area of their Oracle eBusiness suite application. We are looking for experienced and enthusiastic Oracle Financials Consultants/Analysts who can help resolve complex business and technical problems and assist our client in getting the best out of their Oracle applications.
In the Capgemini UK AMS Oracle Tower, we have a structure that supports the segregation of duties for our clients by having communities in the area of Functional, Developers and DBAs. This is supported by a people capability that helps with the individuals training and growth alongside the business requirements to enable us to deliver the high standard of support that our clients expect from Capgemini.
- You will have a strong knowledge of Oracle eBusiness Suite in all areas of Financials.
- You need to be able to be cleared for Government vetting at Security Clearance level
- Knowledge of Financials modules and be able to explain their associated application processes
- Be able to work independently or with other members in the support team providing Financials Functional assistance to our clients
- You should be able to manage your tasks and update and resolve incidents/problems according to the client to Service Levels, providing both L2 and L3 level support
- You will be expected to demonstrate an ability to develop other colleagues
- Provide consultancy in the Financials area of Oracle eBusiness suite, as required by our clients. You will also need to be able to interpret client business requirements and map those requirements to Oracle functionality
- Update functional specifications and test plans/scripts and also test the Financials application using your core knowledge
- You will be able to interact and work with other areas of the team (Developers and DBAs), as well as be able to manage SR and liaise with Oracle Support Analysts
Learning and Development
There’s an endless amount to learn at Capgemini, and an endless number of ways to do so. So, you’ll also have unique training opportunities to take advantage of. Some of our consultants even have the chance to go to Les Fontaine (near Paris, France), where we host a conference. Outside of dedicated training, everyone makes time to help and support one another – collaboration is encouraged across all of our teams.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.