Cloud Infrastructure Engineer (Exadata)
The UK ERP practice is looking to bring on-board an Infrastructure Engineer with specific experience of Oracle Exadata. The successful candidate will assist in working with project teams, with Oracle databases and Exadata services, both on-premise an in the Cloud. As one of the largest Independent Oracle Consulting Practices in the UK, Capgemini is at the forefront of delivering these innovative solutions – we understand that core to our Clients is the ability for our Consultants to articulate and implement these leading edge IT solutions to resolve their complex business and technical problems.
Exadata is becoming a definite market trend, both with the @Oracle and @Customer options, and we have several ongoing and future projects requiring Exadata design, deployment and configuration skills. The Cloud Infrastructure Engineer would work with project teams around the UK to provide Database, Operating System and Product support for a full project lifecycle. Your primarily responsibilities will include Infrastructure provisioning, Operating system administration and Database Administration. However, an understanding of the end application and how the Database is utilised is also essential to the way we work. This will provide you with opportunities to be involved in Application (PaaS) implementation and support, and cover products like the SOA, WebLogic Service, Oracle Analytics etc.
- A proven track record in designing, deploying, and configuring complex Exadata systems, both @Customer and @Oracle.Experience of Exalogic and other Oracle Engineered systems is desirable
- An understanding of Cloud based infrastructures, including network, security, performance, and connectivity concepts. Oracle OCI is the primary Cloud platform, but experience of Amazon EC2 and Microsoft Azure are also desirable.
- The opportunity to work as Oracle DBA / Consultant on our multi-million pound highly complex and challenging Oracle implementations, installing and supporting
- For more senior individuals this may also include leading teams of DBAs and supporting technical and DBA pre-sales activities.
We are looking to recruit high calibre and motivated candidates who are looking for career progression
- Experience of Oracle Engineered Systems, specifically Exadata.
- Hands-on technology expertise across Oracle core technologies including knowledge of RAC, ASM, DataGuard.
- Knowledge / experience of Oracle Web Logic Server and / or Oracle Application Server
- Proficient O/S skills (LINUX, UNIX and / or WINxx)
- External Consulting experience and excellent communication skills
- Experience of Fusion Middleware implementation (SOA, WebLogic, OBIEE and/or IDM) advantageous.
- Must be able to gain UK government (SC) or Police Security Clearance (NPPV) (mandatory requirement to have been a UK resident for 5 or more years)
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Learning and development
There’s an endless amount to learn at Capgemini, and an endless number of ways to do so. So, you’ll also have unique training opportunities to take advantage of. Some of our consultants even have the chance to go to Les Fontaine (near Paris, France), where we host a conference. Outside of dedicated training, everyone makes time to help and support one another – collaboration is encouraged across all of our teams.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.