Oracle Engagement Manager
The role is UK based but occasionally travel beyond will be required.
Who you’ll be working with
Oracle’s current acquisition strategy and the increasing adoption of Cloud is creating a breadth of new opportunities with our Clients to take their current IT Systems to the Digital & Cloud market. As the largest Independent Oracle Consulting Practice in the UK, Capgemini is at the forefront of delivering these innovative solutions and we understand that core to our Clients requirements is the ability for our Consultants to articulate these leading edge IT solutions to resolve their complex business and technical problems.
The focus of your role
As an experienced Oracle Project Manager in Cloud technologies, your primary role will be to take responsibility for leading Oracle Cloud-based engagements which embrace all aspects of business design, functional and technical build, business acceptance and solution implementation.
What you’ll do
• Increasingly our Oracle Projects span geographic borders and include offshore delivery
• Pre-sales responsibility including the development of winning propositions for enabling clients to meet their business requirements
• Full project lifecycle from proposal response & contract schedule construction, to planning, mobilising, leading and execution of Oracle and related software projects.
What you’ll bring
• Experience of managing dispersed and multi-disciplinary delivery teams as well as managing sub-contract and international resources
• Strong knowledge of the Oracle Cloud solutions and integration with other related Oracle and non-Oracle products
• Project / programme planning, project forecasting, financial management and knowledge of project delivery methodologies (including OUM and/or agile delivery methods)
• Full financial profit & loss (P&L) responsibility in an Oracle project exceeding £1m
• Minimum of completing 3 Oracle project life cycles (end to end), including at least one using Oracle Cloud technologies (SaaS/PaaS/IaaS)
• Strong communications skills and ability to communicate and influence at all levels
• Leadership skills demonstrated through management and/or team lead role
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini is proud to represent nearly 130 nationalities and its cultural diversity. Our holistic definition of diversity extends beyond gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, race, age and religion. Capgemini views diversity as everything that makes us who we are as an organization, including our social background, our experiences in life and work, our communication styles and even our personality. These dimensions contribute to the type of diversity we value the most: diversity of thought.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that working full-time isn’t necessarily right for everyone. So we’d love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role, and would like to work flexibly. As an example, some of our team members work four days a week, but travel across the UK during their working days. Or you might prefer to work three days a week (in a job share scenario) with travel limited to Greater London. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.