Hybrid working, remote with occasional travel to our North West office site.
The job on offer
The role of Oracle Database Engineer with Capgemini is to support the safe end to end transition of the End User Services from current suppliers into Capgemini.
No matter the project or customer, your work will have a meaningful impact on society, businesses and lives. It’s really rewarding and varied. You’ll potentially work on a huge variety of projects (some larger than others), so you could gain lots of exposure in a timeframe.
Database Administration to include:
⦁ Focusing on scalability, integrity, performance, availability, security, monitoring and troubleshooting of core DB clusters
⦁ Owning core database clusters in Production as well as on a wide range of technologies
⦁ Reporting into the Operations Manager and working alongside the Senior DBA
⦁ Space Management
⦁ Oracle schema object sizing.
⦁ Monitor data block organisation.
⦁ Monitor physical storage and contention.
⦁ Monitor tablespace utilization
⦁ Performance monitoring & tuning of production databases
⦁ System house keeping
⦁ Database Monitoring
⦁ Point in time database recovery, using on-line redo logs.
⦁ Provide advice during database restoration following a crash or media failure.
⦁ Monitor Archive log retention period for database recoverability and highlight issues / limitations.
⦁ Ensure database changes are reflected into the backup strategy.
⦁ Ensure consistent backups are taken according to the services backup schedule.
⦁ Oracle upgrades
⦁ Database structure amendments to Production, Test and development databases for major releases.
⦁ EARS call & Change handling for Oracle DBA team
⦁ Export & Import data between production and test instances as required
⦁ Document, review and maintain the SQL Server support procedures
• Strong Database Administration skills.
• Professional experience with Oracle, MSSQL, PostgreSQL and MySQL
• Cloud experience, ideally.
• A professional track record with at least two DB technologies
Why Capgemini is unique
- At Capgemini we don’t just believe in Diversity & Inclusion, we actively go out to making it a working reality. Driven by our core values and Active Inclusion Campaign, we build environments where you can bring you whole self to work.
- We aim to build an environment where employees can enjoy a positive work-life balance. Through our New Normal campaign, we are looking to embed hybrid working in all that we do and make flexible working arrangements the day-to-day reality for our people. All UK employees are eligible to request flexible working arrangements.
- At Capgemini, we strive to deliver excellence for our clients whilst also creating an environment where our people can thrive, develop, and enjoy a positive work-life balance. Flexible working allows us to be agile in how we deliver to our clients and by offering more freedom in where and how our people work, contributes to a better employee experience.
- All UK employees are eligible to request flexible working arrangements, which can be either informal or formal. Your manager will discuss your request with you and review it to ensure any arrangements work for you, your clients, your team, and our business.
Get the future you want
Growing clients’ businesses while building a more sustainable, more inclusive future is a tough ask. But when you join Capgemini, you join a thriving company and become part of a diverse collective of free-thinkers, entrepreneurs and industry experts. A powerful source of energy that drives us all to find new ways technology can help us reimagine what’s possible. It’s why, together, we seek out opportunities that will transform the world’s leading businesses. And it’s how you’ll gain the experiences and connections you need to shape your future. By learning from each other every day, sharing knowledge and always pushing yourself to do better, you’ll build the skills you want. And you’ll use them to help our clients leverage technology to grow their business and give innovation that human touch the world needs. So, it might not always be easy, but making the world a better place rarely is. Capgemini. Get The Future You Want.
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 270,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50 year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fuelled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion.
Get the Future You Want | www.capgemini.com