Who you’ll be working with
Oracle’s aggressive Cloud strategy and growth means that several new PaaS capabilities are now available which are creating a breadth of new opportunities with our Clients to take their current IT Systems to the Digital & Cloud market. API Management, Cloud-based integration, Microservices, Modern Application Frameworks and Strategic/Insightful reporting all are at the heart of this digital transformation revolution and Oracle is investing heavily in making sure that their PaaS offerings covers such capabilities and more.
As one of the largest Independent Oracle Consulting Practice in the UK, Capgemini is at the forefront of delivering these innovative solutions and we understand that core to our Clients requirements is the ability for our Consultants to articulate these leading-edge IT solutions to resolve their complex business and technical problems. As such, we are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Oracle Cloud Reporting Developer to work within a team of highly skilled consultants and positively drive and enable our deliveries.
The focus of your role
You will take a hands-on role on our complex Oracle Cloud implementations, working with a mixture of Oracle’s PaaS products, open source technologies and products from other vendors from all market areas. Focus will be on detailed design and subsequent implementation of complex reporting requirements within the Oracle Cloud.
What you’ll do
- You will operate as a developer in the design and implementation of complex customer reporting needs, providing crucial insights into their business operations.
- At times, you may also be required to operate as a developer in the design and implementation of PaaS solutions. There may be a particular focus on designing and building the following components to front and integrate core Oracle Cloud applications both internally within the Oracle Cloud, externally with other cloud providers and also to on-premises technology:
o Cloud-based integrations (e.g using Oracle Integration Cloud)
o User interfaces (e.g using Oracle JET/ Visual Builder Cloud Service/ APEX)
- You will evangelise on the significance and benefits of the Oracle reporting portfolio in which your specialisation resides.
- You will work alongside Subject Matter Experts from our functional team to deliver solutions which meet the complex needs and requirements of our clients. In addition, you will work with other teams and architects in shaping best practices and frameworks that can accelerate and improve the quality and efficiencies of our deliveries and offerings
- You will continue to develop your expertise in the Capgemini UK Oracle practice in one or more specific technologies, with the opportunity to progress to integration/reporting SME roles and beyond into architecture or project management.
- You will stay up to date with market new Oracle trends in technologies & solutions and incorporate them (when/if applicable) into our solution frameworks.
What you’ll bring
We recognise that the modern Oracle PaaS/Integration/Development/Reporting landscape spans an array of skillsets. Whilst the below outlines those key skills sets at a high level, it is not necessary that you have a background which contains experience in all that is listed. We are looking to expand our knowledgeable and versatile team, so, we would love to speak to you if either your background is either in traditional or Cloud-based Oracle implementation or Oracle cloud reporting.
- A proven track record of implementing cloud-based reporting using using products such as Oracle BI Publisher (BIP), Oracle Business Intelligence Cloud Suite, Oracle Transactional Business Intelligence (OTBI), Oracle Analytics Cloud (OAC), etc.
- A strong candidate will also have implementation experience of integrations with particular focus on integration within the Oracle cloud, between cloud vendors and also to 3rd party or on-premises applications. e.g Oracle Integration Cloud.
- Strong experience of using source code repositories (primarily git) and knowledge of git strategies.
- A background in Oracle eBusiness Suite background with recent cloud experience (e.g, SQL/PLSQL/Java/OAF/BI/Forms/Reports) is useful
- Proven experience and understanding of Oracle functional concepts, such as HCM and finance modules is desirable.
- Awareness of end-to-end project delivery and the associated implementation methodologies
- Good communication skills and experience with distributed delivery (off-shore/on-shore project delivery)
- The ability to build productive relationships with clients and colleagues alike.
- Passion and a genuine interest for new Oracle Cloud technologies and products.
What we can offer you
Capgemini will offer you professional development and accelerated career progression. We operate an environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini, and although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
As a team with many current and potential future clients with many different technological landscapes, it is important to recognise the versatility of our consultants and the ability to adapt to new situations and new technologies, thus, we will also offer you the ability to expand your knowledge beyond your current skillset.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often ground-breaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini is proud to represent nearly 130 nationalities and its cultural diversity. Our holistic definition of diversity extends beyond gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, race, age and religion. Capgemini views diversity as everything that makes us who we are as an organization, including our social background, our experiences in life and work, our communication styles and even our personality. These dimensions contribute to the type of diversity we value the most: diversity of thought. As such, we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best consultants to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that working full-time isn’t necessarily right for everyone. So, we’d love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role and would like to work flexibly. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.