An overview of the role
You will take a hands-on role on our complex cloud implementations, working with a mixture of Oracle’s PaaS products, open source technologies, DevOps capabilities and products from other cloud vendors from all market areas. Focus will be on detailed design and subsequent implementation of Modern Applications, DevOps capabilities and cloud-based integration within the Oracle Cloud.
• You will operate as a senior developer in the design and implement of Cloud Native and DevOps solution. There will be a particular focus on designing and building:
o Containerized development environments
o Automation with CI/CD
o Microservice development
Additionally, there may be opportunities to expand these skills to front and integrate core Oracle Cloud applications both internally within the Oracle Cloud, externally with other cloud vendors and also to on-premises technology using cloud-based integration tools and custom-build user interfaces.
• You will evangelise on the significance and benefits of the Cloud Native/PaaS portfolio in which your specialisation resides, driving further capability within our team.
• You will be required to work with modern open source or third-party solutions.
• You will work alongside Subject Matter Experts from our functional team to deliver solutions which meet the complex needs and requirements of our clients. In addition, you will work with other teams and architects in shaping best practices and frameworks that can accelerate and improve the quality and efficiencies of our deliveries.
• You will continue to develop your expertise in the Capgemini UK Oracle practice in one or more specific technologies, with the opportunity to progress into integration SME roles and beyond into architecture or project management.
• You will stay up to date with Cloud-Native market trend technologies & solutions and incorporate them (when/if applicable) into our solution frameworks.
Why this role?
Oracle’s aggressive Cloud strategy and growth means that several new PaaS capabilities are now available which are creating a breadth of new opportunities with our Clients to take their current IT Systems to the Digital & Cloud market. API Management, Cloud-based integration, Microservices and Modern Application Frameworks all are at the heart of this digital transformation revolution and Oracle is investing heavily in making sure that their PaaS offerings covers such capabilities and more.
As one of the largest Independent Oracle Consulting Practice in the UK, Capgemini is at the forefront of delivering these innovative solutions and we understand that core to our Clients requirements is the ability for our Consultants to articulate these leading-edge IT solutions to resolve their complex business and technical problems. As such, we are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Cloud Native developer to work within the Oracle team of highly skilled consultants to positively drive and enable our deliveries.
We recognise that the Cloud Native & modern Oracle PaaS landscape spans an array of skillsets. Whilst the below outlines those key skills sets at a high level, it is not necessary that you have a background which contains experience in all that is listed. We are looking to expand our knowledgeable and versatile team, so, we would love to speak to you if your background is in Cloud-Native development, DevOps capabilities or in API/Microservices/User Interface development.
• Excellent interpersonal skills to apply whilst collaborating with internal and customer teams.
• A proven track record of implementing cloud-native solutions, cloud application development and/or DevOps capabilities in agile settings.
o Implementation of Kubernetes & Docker capabilities
o Good knowledge of API management
o Further skills such as GraphQL, Istio, GraphQL Helm, Kafka also welcomed
• Strong experience of using source code repositories and knowledge of git strategy/methodology & DevOps tooling to complement the implementation of robust CI/CD pipelines
• It is not mandatory, however, preferential if you also possess Oracle skills. For example, you may have had some hands-on experience with:
o Oracle eBusiness Suite and/or SOA
o Databases & SQL
o Oracle Cloud PaaS tools (e.g Oracle Integration Cloud, Oracle API Platform/API Gateway)
o Oracle functional concepts, such as HCM and finance modules
• Full awareness of end-to-end project delivery and the associated implementation methodologies
• Good communication skills and experience with distributed delivery (off-shore/on-shore project delivery)
• The ability to build productive relationships with clients and colleagues alike.
• Passion and a genuine interest for technology and enthusiasm to learn new technologies, products and methodology.
While we’re a global consultancy, we’re made up of supportive, close-knit communities. Everyone wants to get the best solutions for our customers and create the best working environment.
Learning and development
There’s an endless amount to learn at Capgemini, and an endless number of ways to do so. So, you’ll also have unique training opportunities to take advantage of. Some of our consultants even have the chance to go to Les Fontaine (near Paris, France), where we host a conference. Outside of dedicated training, everyone makes time to help and support one another – collaboration is encouraged across all of our teams.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.