The speed of change is throwing traditional business methods into question and disrupting the relevance of entire industries. Capgemini, a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services, is at the forefront of innovation and well placed to address opportunities for our clients in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company with over 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2020 combined revenues of EUR 15.8 billion. Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
We are looking for a talented, motivated, enthusiastic certified Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Consultant, with a strong background and understanding of Cloud Infrastructure and technology as well as experience designing and migrating applications to the cloud, to join a high performing team.
- Demonstrable team spirit: a willingness to collaborate, learn and teach others
- Self-motivated and passionate about Oracle Cloud
- Stays relevant by maintaining knowledge of OCI architecture, design, processes and practices
- One or more relevant Oracle Cloud certifications is strongly desired
Let’s talk about the role and responsibilities:
- A key emphasis for us is on implementing solutions that make a difference by ensuring the delivery of quantifiable benefits to the client and you will provide advice and guidance to our customers on the process improvements and efficiencies that can be realised through the implementation of Oracle Cloud Infrastructure.
- To achieve this, you will need to work closely with the client SMEs and stakeholders and engage in various activities such as
- You will be responsible for a broad range of implementation activities including configuration, demonstrations, design workshops, documentation, testing, report development, training, data migration, knowledge transfer, UAT support, production go-live, hyper-care and transition to the support organisation.
- You will also occasionally be required to provide support to pre-sales activities including the OCI design and migration process, performing requirements fit / gap analysis, providing system demonstrations and advising on resourcing requirements for planning and estimating purposes.
- Understand and document technical requirements from clients.
- Support and participate in defining Migration strategy to move applications to the IaaS/PaaS.
- Support and participate in development of architecture blueprints and detailed documentation. Create bill of materials, including required Cloud Services and tools.
- Support and participate to design and setup the overall Virtual Private Cloud VPC environment including server instance, storage instances, subnets, availability zones, etc.
- Setup Compute, Database, Block Volumes, Storage, Network within OCI.
- Write Terraforms scripts to provision and manage OCI artefacts.
- Set up process, services and tools around cloud.
- Support and manage setups, configurations and issues around Linux operating systems.
- Validate the environment to meets all security and compliance controls.
- Monitor OCI environment and providing regular reporting as advised by the client.
- Issue management and resolution.
Let’s talk about your qualifications and experience:
- 10+ Years of Oracle Technology project implementation and/or production support experience
- 2+ years of Cloud Infrastructure implementation and/or support experience (OCI preferably)
- Hands-on experience in migration to OCI including OCI Network and Security configurations.
- Hands-on experience in OCI mostly in VCN, Storage, Compute, Database, Network and Identity management
- Good understanding of Backup and Restore processes of Boot & Block volume, File Storage, Mount Target and managing Custom image in OCI
- Strong experience in Linux Administration with knowledge of user, group, yum, rpm, kernel parameters
- Experience in OCI CLI, Terraforms, Resource Manager and Unix Shell Scripting for Cloud provisioning and management.
- Candidates must have excellent presentation, interpersonal and communication skills in order to work collaboratively with our clients, build rapport and foster relationships.
- The following skills are good to have
- Knowledge of Oracle PaaS
- The Following qualifications are desirable:
- The following qualifications are desirable:
- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Architect Associate
- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Architect Professional
- Strong, Fluent and confident communication skills.
- Should be able to communicate with offshore teams.
- OCI Architecture and Sizing
- Understanding of Disaster Recovery in OCI.
- Experience in Jenkins, GitHub, CICD pipeline or similar tools.
Let’s talk about what’s in it for you!
Passionate people are Capgemini’s Ace of Spades – join us to discover a career that will challenge, support and inspire you. Working at Capgemini you’ll find the rewards are more than just financial. You will work alongside some very smart and inspiring people on exciting projects and you will also enjoy incredible benefits. We offer flexible work practices and 40 hours of self-development every year with a huge selection of learning opportunities to choose from.
As “Architects of Positive Futures”, Capgemini actively supports the community in 3 ways:
Diversity and Inclusion - we believe diversity of thought fuels excellence and innovation, which is why we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified candidates regardless of their gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, ability, intersex status or age. To support our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we celebrate or recognise special events and days of significance that are important to our employees such as Diwali, Bastille Day, Pride, IDAHOBIT, IWD and International day of people with Disabilities. Our Employee Resource Groups Women@Capgemini, OutFront, Indigeneous, Parents and Careers and Sustainability Community of Practice support the grassroots passion of employees to drive our diversity agenda and effect change.
Digital inclusion - at Capgemini we are using our skills to drive social impact initiatives focusing on helping society address the impact of the digital and automation revolution. We also provide employees with opportunities to give back to the community through charity projects and volunteer days.
Environmental Sustainability - Capgemini joined the CDP’s (Carbon Disclosure Project) prestigious “A list” for its commitment to the Net-Zero economy. As well as focusing on helping our clients transform towards more sustainable business models, Capgemini recently announced its commitment to becoming a netzero busines by 2030.
Recognised by Ethisphere as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies for the last 9 years in a row, ethics and values are at the heart of Capgemini’s corporate culture and business. Embedded in our DNA, our seven values – Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty – have remained the same since company inception in 1967. To see how we bring these values to life, visit www.capgemini.com/au-en/careers/ and listen to some of our employee’s stories.
Come join us, bring your whole self to work, create new possibilities for you, your customers and your community and help us to be Architects of Positive Futures.
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.